www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I was wondering if theres a script like this..

I was wondering if theres a script like this..

Well, I just got a website running..
    and uhm, I have several templates I like to use..

What I am trying to do is this: I upload few website templates, and display a dropdown menu where users can pick which template to choose from. (like vBulletin forum style picker)

I can do the above, BUT see, the above is very simple...all you got to do is link the template folder...but what I need is if there was a code that saves the user selection template, and saves them to there cookies, so whenever they visit my website, the one they chosed template will be there default one unless they change it, or delete there cookies

It's like the vBulletin style selector, but instead of saving the style default to there user account the the vBulletin site, I want it to save it on the person's cookie..

I was wondering if theres a script like this..

Well, I just got a website running..
    and uhm, I have several templates I like to use..

What I am trying to do is this: I upload few website templates, and display a dropdown menu where users can pick which template to choose from. (like vBulletin forum style picker)

I can do the above, BUT see, the above is very simple...all you got to do is link the template folder...but what I need is if there was a code that saves the user selection template, and saves them to there cookies, so whenever they visit my website, the one they chosed template will be there default one unless they change it, or delete there cookies

It's like the vBulletin style selector, but instead of saving the style default to there user account the the vBulletin site, I want it to save it on the person's cookie..

You need to do some server-side scripting/programming. What server-side scripting language(s) do you have available?

If your styles and templates are all defined by CSS, as they should be, then this a perfect job for JavaScript. I've been banned by Webdeveloper.com and forbidden to help people with JavaScript so hie yourself to that forum. Somebody will come along soon to help you.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

setcookie("UserTemplate", $userSelection);

echo ($_COOKIE["UserTemplate");
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Quote Originally Posted by TheBearMay View Post
    setcookie("UserTemplate", $userSelection);

echo ($_COOKIE["UserTemplate");

Ok, um, where do I put that, and how do I define it?

Can u please be more specific?
    I'm no expert....lol

If your styles and templates are all defined by CSS, as they should be, then this a perfect job for JavaScript.
    Oh yeah ... I guess you don't need a server-side scripting language. Though, I would still recommend doing this server-side.

I've been banned by Webdeveloper.com and forbidden to help people with JavaScript so hie yourself to that forum.
    Why were you banned/forbidden?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerz View Post
    Ok, um, where do I put that, and how do I define it?

Can u please be more specific?
    I'm no expert....lol
    Since you posted in the PHP section, I gave you PHP.
    The first line will create the cookie, the second will display it (although I'd expect that using the value to set the style sheet would be more useful).
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Quote Originally Posted by TheBearMay View Post
    Since you posted in the PHP section, I gave you PHP.
    The first line will create the cookie, the second will display it (although I'd expect that using the value to set the style sheet would be more useful).
    Can you go on AIM?

Thread Information