dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: ImageReady question

ImageReady question

I just used ImageReady to make a really nice looking site, and I'm wondering if there is any way to automatically have the web pages scale to the browser window size. Is this impossible? Is there another tool I can use to create a good looking design that will scale to the browser?

ivan8r

If you want your site to look good in different screen resolutions, you need to make sure that you specify widths in % (ie. 50% rather than 500px).

Thank you so much! That solved the problem!!! I have one more question that came up as a result of fixing this problem.

Is there any way to move your image maps when the page is resized? They seem to stay stationary even though the page is now dynamic. If this is not fixable, I'm going to change my method for page links, but it never hurts to ask!!

Thanks again Pyro!

Post a link to you site. The image map is probably positioned absolutly...

The site is at http://www.peninsuladesign.com. I believe you're right about the positioning of the image maps. How do I change them?

You have a couple of options. You can either have a different image and image map for each screen res, or you can pick one that looks good on most screen resolutions. Using a % with an image isn't a good idea. If someone were to show up at your site with 1600x1200 the image would have to stretch itself to almost twice the size, thus making it look quite pixelated.

Thread Information