www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: activision.cc - Trojan associated with my site?

activision.cc - Trojan associated with my site?

Hi,

I have recently started working on a non-profit website which is located at hacpp.org. These are good people are they are not trying to infect anyones computer.

So heres the problem:

When you visit the site, you will be alerted with "Warning: This site is associated with activision.cc which hosts malware". So I searched the entire site for any links / text / etc that included "activision.cc" and could not find anything. Anyone have any ideas? Please check out the site and see if you can come up with a solution.

Thanks,
    Nate

Indeed

So why is it associated with my site and or how do I fix it?

Nate

What browser, I don't get any errors in firefox, or via google, if it's an IE only problem you might have to chase it up with Microsoft.

Otherwise, the error is associated with PDFs, if you don't have any PDFs on your site I would really complain about the error, otherwise I would remove any links to PDFs from untrusted sources, and rebuild any ones you have.

Well I get an error in chrome, and some people who try to access it from places such as school that are really sensitive to that type of thing are getting the errors as well.

We have a lot of PDF files on the site, but I don't think any of them link to that malware site. I'll double check, thanks for the info.

If anyone else has any ideas, I appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thread Information