www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Javascripting not compatible with Mac.

Javascripting not compatible with Mac.

I am currently the webmaster for http://www.soccerinthesand.com . When you view the site on a Windows PC, the images on the sidebar (right) change when you navigate to a different page. However, on Mac, this feature does not work. Any ideas?

Scripting avail on request.

Quote Originally Posted by eblock View Post
    I am currently the webmaster for http://www.soccerinthesand.com . When you view the site on a Windows PC, the images on the sidebar (right) change when you navigate to a different page. However, on Mac, this feature does not work.
    It errors on FireFox and I suspect that it will work only in I.E.

Change all instances of document.frames to window.frames.
    Where used, return should be executed unconditionally and always as the last statement in the function.

That's my signature, it's not part of the damn post!

Yeah. I tried converting the document.frames to window.frames and it just messed up the page layout. Any other suggestions?

FWIW Note that I am using Microsoft Expression Web.

Quote Originally Posted by eblock View Post
    Yeah. I tried converting the document.frames to window.frames and it just messed up the page layout. Any other suggestions? FWIW Note that I am using Microsoft Expression Web.
    document.frames is an I.E.-only property and therefore cannot be used on a website. On its own the change I mentioned cannot change the layout of anything and it does solve the problem.
    You can also replace all instances of javascript: with nothing.
    Last edited by Logic Ali; 12-10-2008 at 11:50 AM.
    Where used, return should be executed unconditionally and always as the last statement in the function.

That's my signature, it's not part of the damn post!

And just to clear something up, your website works in the Internet Explorer browser for reasons explained by Logic Ali. Your website does not work in Firefox or Opera (well, actually it could work in Opera because they support a lot of IE stuff, I'm not sure) or any other browser but IE. The operating system is irrelevant, on my Windows PC it won't work because I'm using Firefox. So, a large proportion of your users will not have this working.
    Great wit and madness are near allied, and fine a line their bounds divide.

Okay thanks. I will switch methods.

Thread Information