dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Webcasting Vendors

Webcasting Vendors

Does anyone have recommendations for a really good webcasting vendor? I am looking for a relatively high-end solution.

Thanks.

All the best.

Are you just looking for a streaming video host or front-end software or what?
    EfV

Webcasting Vendor

We are looking for a full solution including the ability stream live broadcasts, for both video and audio separately (sometimes this is required), technical infrastructure in case we don't have an internal av crew to interface with (in other words, remote assistance vs onsight av crew), good quality / compression, duration and bandwidth to ensure high-speed delivery, audience registration and tracking, pre-event testing, etc...

I hope this answered your question. Thanks for any insights you may have. All the best.

I would guess the answer to the vendor problem depends on your location and how much of the project would be handled in-house. Just for background info, the way I see it, break this project down into 3 distinct areas.
    First is the camera crew, one cam or multiple? That cam/s will need to be connected to an encoding computer, running something like Windows Media Encoder via wire or wireless. Best to have at least two people on this, one to control cam, other to monitor encoding and or switching if needed.
    Second is your Web host. For true streaming you will need a host, something like:
    http://www.upstreamnetworks.com/
    The encoding computer will “push” the stream up to your streaming host, who will serve it out to your viewers on the Internet.
    Third component is the Web site developer. If you already have a site, you’ll still want to develop a special page which contains the media player and stuff about the event. This is also where you would incorporate registration, login, pay-per-view, etc.
    This is something my company does in NW Washington state. Google for videographers in your area and ask about their streaming capabilities. They may have a package deal or at least be able to handle the “push” encoding using their server or yours. Your Webmaster should be able to set up the login and tracking part.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

Thread Information