High rankings not happy with traffic
Hi, I've been building websites for over 10 years and I've managed to get my site on the front page for high traffic keywords such as web design services, website design services, web design estimate and many others. Although I do get some traffic and sales from them I am highly dissapointed that I'm am not getting much more off them as they were very hard to obtain and took years of study and work. My site is www.sellersbay.com. It currently ranks #3 on the US google and I only get about 90 visits per month for those keywords Can you please all take a look and let me know if you can see any reason why I'm not getting thousands of hits every month? The google keyword tool says I should be getting tens of thousands of hits every month with these kind of keywords. Also, do any of you know of a better set of keywords because I've researched and these are the best I could target according to all the online keyword search tools. Please help, thanks.
Here are some ideas:
- "Seller's Bay" sounds like a consignment service, like eBay, rather than a web design service. I know you can't change your name, but to me that's the first thing that makes me wonder what's going on here.
- The design isn't that great looking. It lacks a cohesiveness, and because of that, it looks "unprofessional." I suggest condensing your navigation into one panel that a SE can index in one swoop.
- Are you aware that your coding is a little messed up?
The ending of the tag is missing.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
- Your title does not contain your company's name, which could cause people to wonder if the website is legit:
(Insert "Seller's Bay" right before the "Web Design"
<title>Web Design Services | Pensacola Web Designers</title>
- In your homepage content, I suggest you list your clients
- I suggest you ditch the "text in image" approach to presenting content and use just text.
Good Luck -
There are also many other factors to take into account like the fact that there are thousands of Web designers with sites online. Also, content is very important. Remember too that the Google tool doesn't take into account the economy.
Originally Posted by KingRob
Just an observation, you site looks like it's selling templates. You need to focus on your portfolio more. Hight the Trump site more. That says a lot. Also, the BBB logo could be much smaller.
What catches MY eye is that your insertion page contains a great big FLASH-something, -completely invisible to indexing, spidering and ...me.
The "<title></title>" note is of major importance. Yours says nothing of use. You need your business name there, and don't start it with "The~" or "Welcome to/Welcome to my~" (etc.)... as these are dismissible, useless words for such a top-level element.
It would also help to only use one "<body>" tag... not two. Validate, validate validate!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)