dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Really annoying break apart in flash question

Really annoying break apart in flash question

Hey guys, just me again, i wanted to thank those who have helped me in the past. it has been greatly useful.

Recently i have been having a problem i have not faced in ages of using Flash..... i am trying to break apart the following Logo so i can manipulate the 2 colored sides serperately, but....for some reason i cannot seem to break it apart...

http://www.beyonddarkness.com/images/logo.jpg this is the image. and what i want is to be able to change the shape of the green and blue sections.....i have thought maybe i could create seperate jpg files but even that doesnt seem to give me the right to modify them .....

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Psycho

Are you trying to accomplish this just using Flash or do you have access to PhotoShop?
    EfV

I have access to both flash and photoshop cs3

Using Photoshop itís a fairly simple process.
    Open the logo.jpg Check image size (460 X 314) and then create a new doc of exactly that size but with a transparent background.
    With both files open and visible, click on the thumbnail of logo in the layers panel and drag that image onto the new doc with the transparent background. It will be on a second layer above the transparent background. Now you have a copy of logo on a doc with transparent background.
    Now on the copy layer, use the magic wand (with tolerance set at about 10) and select the white area of the logo. Then delete that selection. Now youíll see transparent background and just the blue and green parts.
    This time set the tolerance for the magic want to about 150 and select the blue (or green). Depending on the tolerance setting, youíll get all or most of the blue or green. Adjust tolerance as needed.
    Once you select all the green, copy it. Open a new doc (with transparent background) and paste the green into it. Save as blue.png, then repeat for the green.
    Then these separate images can easily be used in Flash. Now these are not vector, but bitmap, but they might work for you. To get the vector version would require a little redrawing and recoloring of the image.
    EfV

Thread Information