www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Health History Form

Health History Form

Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm opening a wellness center soon. I'd like for my clients to fill out a health history form online in which our therapists can print out from our office email. We have the form online already but the email we get sent to us after someone has filled out our form looks like one long paragraph. We need this printed copy to be easy to read and well organized because our health history form is an important tool when learning about our clients. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? Or can anyone point me in the right direction? We are opening in a month and we would like our clients to have filled out these forms before our grand opening. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by beboppinsarah View Post
    Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm opening a wellness center soon. I'd like for my clients to fill out a health history form online in which our therapists can print out from our office email. We have the form online already but the email we get sent to us after someone has filled out our form looks like one long paragraph. We need this printed copy to be easy to read and well organized because our health history form is an important tool when learning about our clients. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? Or can anyone point me in the right direction? We are opening in a month and we would like our clients to have filled out these forms before our grand opening. Thanks.
    If you can right click on the page with the form, click on "view source", and paste that here, people could get a better idea of what you have so far.

If/when you do that, go through what you've pasted and *remove* your email address, so that you're not posting that to a public forum.

Re:

May I just post the link to the history form? It is very long and has several parts. I'd hate to put such a huge post on here.

I think what we need is a programmer to write us up a script so that we can print the filled out form from the office email as it looks online. Does that make sense?

We are having such a hard time getting this health history form going. We've been to other doctor's websites before, filled out an online history form, and when we got to the office our form we filled out online is printed and ready to be reviewed. And the printed form looks just like the form we filled out online. We'd like this convenience for our clients (and for us).

We are at a loss of what to do now, please help.
    Last edited by beboppinsarah; 01-15-2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: spelling

If you feel the code is too long to post, then at least a link to the page will allow people to see what you have.
    "Why must I be surrounded by frikkin' idiots?!" - Dr. Evil

"Remember: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people." - Mr. Garrison

Re:

The following link is our graphics designers attempt at what we asked. http://www.atlantacoloniccenter.com/onlinehistory.html
    It looks good but it's not exactly what we want. We want our clients to easily navigate through this extensive form and only hit one submit button. The way it is set up now, our clients have to submit each part of the form separately which can be confusing. We also need this form to be ready to print as it looks online or as it looks in our word document. It comes to us now in a jumbled, difficult to read, line to line format of our clients' answers without any coresponding question. This form is also submitted through the client's email which we do not want. The clients without outlook, etc. cannot send us their form to us because of the way itis set up. We want this form to be submitted via our website rather than their email. Does all this make sense? Sorry, we've had an incredible time trying to get this form the way we need it. Thanks for your help.

Looks like you're running Linux and Apache. Do you perchance have a server side language, ie PHP?
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Re:

TheBearMay-

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. I'm just a lay person, know nothing about web programming. We are running on windows and I have no idea what a side language would be or look like.

Windows on the server or the desktop? If on the server then IIS would be your webserver (normally) which means you could use ASP or ASP.net to run on the server. Thus you could have the form post directly to a database or file and then have it reconstruct the form on demand....
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Who actually handles the website for you? Do you have a webmaster or programmer of some sort who created/updates it? They would need to implement the changes you require if you have no programming expertise.
    "Why must I be surrounded by frikkin' idiots?!" - Dr. Evil

"Remember: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people." - Mr. Garrison

Re:

Sorry Bear, I still have no clue what you are talking about.

The people who used to be in charge of our website set up the form that is there now. It's horrible and they say they can't fix it to our specifications, but we know we can. We're stuck.

Thread Information