www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to display HTML pop up window on top of Flash Banner

Question How to display HTML pop up window on top of Flash Banner

How can I display the HTML pop up window on top of the flash banner on HTML page.

I can't change anything in the HTML popup as it'z been generated dynamically...

But I can edit flash file. So can we do anything in flash file to display it behind the pop up window...

I have attached the screenshot...

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure why there would be any problem in doing so. The Flash banner is on an html page which opens up in one window and the html popup will open up in a seperate window, right? One that you can grab and drag around etc. The only time there would be a conflict was if the popup was actually a part of the same page as the banner, in which case it would be a positioning issue addressed by the z-index of the elements involved.
    But I'm thinking that you are using two windows, or am I missing something.
    Here's an example of a popup over flash elements.
    http://www.olymarine.com/
    Scroll down to the hydroplane races and "Click here to watch"
    The main page contains a couple Flash elements. Popup appears over the top.
    Best wishes,
    EfV

Thanks for your reply. I shud have been more clear. Both are in same HTML window, no seperate windows. There is a link in the dynamic footer which on click open that HTML pop up in same window...It's more like dropdown menu..I did try to use Z-index but didn't worked...

to solve the problem for time being I have convert the swf to gif banner...

Best Wishes
    Jazzy
    Last edited by jazzy077; 01-15-2009 at 02:32 PM.

We recently had some discussion about z-indexing Flash. FireFox seems not to like the normal z-index methods. What browser/s are you testing in?
    Check the forum for recent posts about "dropdown menu not showing"...something like that.
    EfV

I'm using IE 6,7, Firefox, Safari. I did tried to search for recent posts about "dropdown menu not showing".....cudn't find it...

There's a lot of discussion on the Web about z-indexing problems with Flash. Here's one that helped me understand:
    Window Mode (wmode) - What's It For?
    There are three window modes.
    Window
    Opaque
    Transparent
    By default, the Flash Player gets its own hWnd in Windows. This means that the Flash movie actually exists in a display instance within Windows that lives above the core browser display window. So though it appears to be in the browser window, technically, it isn't. It is most efficient for Flash to draw this way and this is the fastest, most efficient rendering mode. However, it is drawing independently of the browser's HTML rendering surface. This is why this default mode (which is equivalent to wmode="window") doesn't allow proper compositing with DHTML layers. This is why your JavaScripted drop-down menus will drop behind your Flash movie.
    In windowless modes (like opaque), Flash Player doesn't have a hWnd. This means that the browser tells the Flash Player when and where to draw onto the browser's own rendering surface. The Flash movie is no longer being rendered on a higher level if you will. It's right there in the page with the rest of the page elements. The Flash buffer is simply drawn into whatever rectangle the browser says, with any Flash stage space not occupied by objects receiving the movie's background color.
    Read the complete article at
    http://www.communitymx.com/content/a....cfm?cid=E5141
    Google "flash z-index problems" for info
    EfV

Thanks a lot!! Will try using this...

Yipee...It worked...Thanks again

display HTML page in Flash

Hi,
    I am also interested in this , but with a twist, I have a Flash intro which when a link is clicked on this (after loading) the flash intro page wipes off (in some effect) reveiling the Html page.
    So if my intro had 3 links , depending on the link the flash would slowly slide off (maybe like opening curtains) to the page behind .
    Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks
    Rob

Thread Information