www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Problems with navigation and divs

Question Problems with navigation and divs

Please help me! I've tried to make this work for about 2 days now, and still no success.. So I'm not that good with javascript. So my problem is, that I have a page where I have different divs, such as menu, leftcol, rightcol and content. My menu is a dropdown menu made with css.

I want it to work so, that when I click something in my menu, for example the contact info-button, i want the content to change only in the content div. At the moment it loads the whole page, as I have them all in different pages, which actually sucks, cause if I change something in the navigation, I have to change it to way too many pages. It's probably simple, but no can do. So how can I do that? Help..

Btw, I hope you understood my problem. My explanation wasn't probably the best one.

The navigation problem is solved using includes: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...76&postcount=2
    At least 98% of internet users' DNA is identical to that of chimpanzees

Question

Thank you for help. It works, but the text appears after the wrapper div. The structure of my page is as follows:

I have a wrapper div, inside that there are the header div, menu div with my dropdown menu, then leftcol, content and rightcol. I want the header, menu and leftcol stay the same on every page. Rightcol is only on the index page, and then content is what changes according to the links. Now if I do as it says on that php tutorial and leave the code for menu, header and leftcol to the menu.php file and then put the content and rightcol divs inside the index.php with the php include command, it throws the text under the wrapper div. How can I get it inside the content div? Do I need to add something else to the files?
    Last edited by InTrouble; 01-17-2009 at 04:21 AM.

Your site should function correctly without JavaScript. The includes will allow you to edit the menu and have those changes displayed in all pages.
    To get just the content to change using Ajax.
    At least 98% of internet users' DNA is identical to that of chimpanzees

Thread Information