dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Rollovers not showing up, using Simple Viewer

Rollovers not showing up, using Simple Viewer

Greetings,
    I just made a site for a client and thought it was fairly sound, having tested it in Firefox, IE, and Safari on my Mac. Tested it in IE (5 I think?) on a PC. Fine.

Just heard from my client that some users cannot see the rollover navigation bar that should appear under the photo on the splash page. It does not show up at all in IE 7 on a PC, for example.

This is the first time I've ever had this problem and I've made a lot of websites. The only thing that is new with this one is I am using SimpleViewer to present a photo gallery. Perhaps there's a conflict?

Would someone be so kind as to take a look at my source code and tell me if you see any problems? I'm hoping it's something simple.

Thanks a million. I've attached my BBEdit source code file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It would be better to provide a live link to the page on a web server somewhere. That way, I can just click on the link and have it load into my browser -- so I don't have to download any files or manually (and tediously) paw through any source code.

Of course.

The site is at http://www.danoverturf.com

Thanks!

Yep, I just tried it on Windows XP SP3 using both FF3 and IE7. The rollover navigation bar appeared and worked just fine in FF3. In IE7, that space is just blank (and black). IE7 didn't report any errors either. However, I went to the following validator and it reported 200 errors for your page. XHTML is supposed to be all lower-case, ya know. I'm guessing it will work in IE7 when those errors have been addressed.

http://validator.w3.org/

Thread Information