JNLP MIME type and Apache
I've added JNLP MIME type to my apache server configurations yet when I enter the url for the JNLP file the xml is displayed, rather than running the application. Does anyone know what could be wrong - i.e. common pitfalls, etc.?
To add the JNLP MIME I opened the conf folder, then opened the mime.types file. I added the following line:
Lastly, I restarted the apache web-server via the apache console.
Browser displaying XML
I think the problem has more to do with the browser than the web server. In our application, we have a tomcat servlet engine sending out contents of the jnlp file. It worked fine on IE 7 and 8, on Vista and Windows7 (our testing machines) . Recently it failed at a customer's site, running IE 6 on XP. We had them install Service pack 2 and IE-7 (and Java 6), still no luck. Problem is, if I save that file content on the desktop with some filename and a ".jnlp" extension, double clicking on it starts the application just fine - the computer does understand the jnlp association (checked in Control Panel, too).
In short, IE is not recognizing the .jnlp mime type, and we don't know how to make it do so. This might be the problem you are seeing, too. I would be very interested in a solution to the problem. Good luck to you.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)