www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Forms: copy email to Front Page form

Forms: copy email to Front Page form

I use FP and have a form already built and running. I need a way to validate the correctness of the email address.

I have tried to put a validation/checker form within my current form, but it doesn't work like I want.

My idea was to have an email validation (double entry) form above the registration form that I use and if the email address is true, have it auto entered on the registration form.

My other thought was to have a lead page with the email validator form on it and if the two entries matched it would auto direct you to the registration form AND fill in the email address automatically.

Pie in the sky??

By the way, I know HTML but script is out of my league so please be specific as to what I need to do.

Show up what you have already.
    Lee

""Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Here is the form code:

Code:
    <FORM METHOD="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" onSubmit="location.href='../_derived/nortbots.htm';return false;" language="JavaScript" name="FrontPage_Form1" webbot-onSubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)">
    <!--webbot bot="SaveResults" s-email-format="TEXT/PRE" s-email-address="lagoodsam@yahoo.com" b-email-label-fields="TRUE" b-email-replyto-from-field="TRUE" s-email-replyto="Contact_Email" b-email-subject-from-field="FALSE" s-email-subject="GS Online Registration" s-builtin-fields="HTTP_USER_AGENT" u-confirmation-url="orconf.htm" startspan --><strong>[FrontPage Save Results Component]</strong><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="6561" --><P>

<font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font>&nbsp;

Have you read and do you understand the online registering requirements?</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Understand" VALUE="Yes">
    Yes <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Understand" VALUE="No">
    No <font size="2">(If NO, please stop and re-read the instructions)</font></P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

<p>

<font color="#FF0000" size="4">*&nbsp; </font>Choose the&nbsp; <u>Louisiana </u>Samboree you are registering for:</p>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Samboree" VALUE="Fall">
     Fall
    <BR>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Samboree" VALUE="Spring">
     Spring
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <font color="#FF0000">*</font> Please enter your anticipated arrival day:</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" i-maximum-length="30" s-validation-constraint="Greater than or equal to" s-validation-value="0" --><INPUT NAME="arrive" SIZE=30 MAXLENGTH=30>
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

<P>
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*&nbsp; </font>Please provide the following contact information:</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <TABLE>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><EM>Last Name</EM></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_LastName" SIZE=35>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><EM>First Name(s) His &amp; Hers</EM></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_Name" SIZE=35>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><EM>Chapter # &amp; Name<br>
    <font size="2">Enter 'At Large' if you<br>
    &nbsp;are a Louisiana GS member,<br>
    &nbsp;but do&nbsp;not belong to a chapter<br>
    or 'Vendor' if this is a Vendor reg&nbsp; </font>&nbsp;</EM></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_Chapter" SIZE=35>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><EM>Street Address</EM></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_StreetAddress" SIZE=35>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <EM>Address (cont.)</EM></TD>
    <TD>
    <INPUT NAME="Contact_Address2" SIZE=35>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><EM>City</EM></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_City" SIZE=35>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><EM>State/Province</EM></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_State" SIZE=35>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><EM>Zip/Postal Code</EM></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" i-maximum-length="12" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_ZipCode" SIZE=12 MAXLENGTH=12>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><EM>Home Phone</EM></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" i-maximum-length="25" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_HomePhone" SIZE=25 MAXLENGTH=25>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><b><EM>E-mail</EM></b></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_Email" SIZE=40>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD ALIGN="right">
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*</font><b><EM>Re-Enter E-mail<br>
    Do they match?</EM></b></TD>
    <TD>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" --><INPUT NAME="Contact_Email2" SIZE=40>
    </TD>
    </TR>

</TABLE>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*&nbsp; </font>Please enter your Good Sam ID 
    number and expiration date:<br>
    &nbsp;( If you are <u>not</u> a Good Sam member and are attending on a Good Sam trial 
    basis, please enter 'TRIAL' in the area below )<br>
    <u>Vendors:</u> Enter the registration number that was provided to you.</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" i-minimum-length="5" i-maximum-length="30" --><INPUT NAME="GS_ID" SIZE=30 MAXLENGTH=30>
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    Is this your first Samboree?</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="First_Samboree" VALUE="Yes">
    Yes <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="First_Samboree" VALUE="No" CHECKED>
    No
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    Is this your first Louisiana Samboree?</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="First_LA_Samboree" VALUE="Yes">
    Yes <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="First_LA_Samboree" VALUE="No" CHECKED>
    No
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    Enter children's names &amp; ages in the space provided below. (No charge under 18).</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <INPUT NAME="Child_names" SIZE=30 MAXLENGTH=60 value="None">
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*&nbsp; </font>Choose the registration type that you paid for with PayPal:</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Rig_Fee" VALUE="Rig/2 Persons">
     Rig/2 Persons
    <BR>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Rig_Fee" VALUE="Rig/2 Persons + At Large fee">
     Rig/2 Persons + At Large Fee
    <BR>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Rig_Fee" VALUE="Rig/1 Person">
     Rig/1 Person
    <BR>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Rig_Fee" VALUE="Rig/1 Person + At Large fee">
     Rig/1 Person + At large Fee
    <BR>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Rig_Fee" VALUE="Vendor"> 
    Vendor
    <BR>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Rig_Fee" VALUE="Vendor full registration add-on"> 
    Vendor full registration add-on<BR>

</P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P><font color="#FF0000" size="4">*&nbsp; </font>Please indicate below the number of extra fees that you paid for with PayPal:<br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <TABLE>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <STRONG>QTY</STRONG></TD>
    <TD>
    <strong>Other Items offered at this event</strong></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR><TD><INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderQty0" SIZE=6 MAXLENGTH=6 value="0"></TD><TD>
      <INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderDesc0" SIZE=30 value="Additional Persons"></TD></TR><TR><TD>
      <INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderQty1" SIZE=6 MAXLENGTH=6 value="0"></TD><TD>
      <INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderDesc1" SIZE=30 value="Early Bird Days"></TD></TR><TR><TD>
      <INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderQty2" SIZE=6 MAXLENGTH=6 value="0"></TD><TD>
      <INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderDesc2" SIZE=30 value="Vendor # of tables"></TD></TR><TR><TD>
      <INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderQty3" SIZE=6 MAXLENGTH=6 value="0"></TD><TD>
      <INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderDesc3" SIZE=30 value="Vendor Electricity"></TD></TR><TR><TD>
      <INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderQty4" SIZE=6 MAXLENGTH=6 value="0"></TD><TD>
      <INPUT NAME="Extra_fees_OrderDesc4" SIZE=30 value="Vendor# Parking days"></TD></TR></TABLE>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*&nbsp; </font>Total Amount Paid: <u>DO NOT </u>enter a $, enter the amount only. exmpl: 49.00</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" i-maximum-length="10" --><INPUT NAME="Total_Paid" SIZE=5 MAXLENGTH=10>
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*&nbsp; </font>Enter one of the following registration codes:<u><br>
    Regular PayPal registrant = &quot;PayPal&quot;</u>&nbsp; :&nbsp;&nbsp; Vendors = &quot;Vendor&quot;</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" b-value-required="TRUE" i-maximum-length="20" --><INPUT NAME="PayPal" SIZE=20 MAXLENGTH=20 value="PayPal">
    </P>
    <P>
    I/WE understand the Louisiana Good Sam Organization has taken reasonable and 
    necessary precautions and, therefore, I/WE accept full responsibility for the 
    welfare of my/our unit and all persons in my/our unit while attending this 
    Louisiana Samboree.</P>
    <P>
    The Louisiana Good Sam Organization reserves the right to refuse registration 
    and/or admittance to anyone.</P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <font color="#FF0000" size="4">*&nbsp; </font>If you agree with all of&nbsp; the above terms and conditions of your 
    registration and attendance<br>
    &nbsp;type 'yes' or 'no' (in lowercase only) in the box below.</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <!--webbot bot="Validation" s-data-type="String" b-allow-letters="TRUE" b-value-required="TRUE" i-maximum-length="4" s-validation-constraint="Equal to" s-validation-value="yes" --><INPUT NAME="agree" SIZE=4 MAXLENGTH=4>
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    If you wish to be parked with a certain state or chapter group, please indicate 
    below</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <INPUT NAME="Group" SIZE=30 MAXLENGTH=30>
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    Enter any comments concerning your registration:</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <TEXTAREA NAME="Regcom" ROWS=3 COLS=35></TEXTAREA>
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    Did you find registering online easy?</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Ease" VALUE="Yes" CHECKED>
    Yes <INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="Ease" VALUE="No">
    No
    </P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    What would you suggest we change or add to make this type of registration easier?</P>
    <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P>
    <TEXTAREA NAME="Suggest" ROWS=5 COLS=35></TEXTAREA>
    </P>
    <P>
    <font color="#FF0000"><b>BEFORE YOU HIT THE 'SUBMIT' BUTTON, PLEASE RECHECK YOUR 
    FORM AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETELY FILLED IN THE FORM !</b></font></P>
    </BLOCKQUOTE>
    <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Submit Form">
    <INPUT TYPE=RESET VALUE="Reset Form">
    </FORM>

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeusa View Post
    I need a way to validate the correctness of the email address.
    You mean to validate the correctness of the format of the email address? ...or validate that the email address is actually recognized by the appropriate mail server? I'm presuming the first, because the second is impossible for JavaScript to accomplish by itself. Some sophisticated server-side code (i.e., using IP sockets) is required to validate that an email address is recognized by the appropriate mail server. Even then, many mail servers are configured not to reveal if the email address is accepted or not. The reason for this is to prevent spammers from figuring out valid email addresses just by asking the mail server what is valid.

Thread Information