www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Looking for function in wrong file?

Looking for function in wrong file?

Hi,
    I have two javascript files, one called live_validation to check the input on forms and another called versions to do some other stuff.

I'm trying to call a function from the versions file, but I keep getting an error from the other one.

Statement on line 89: Cannot convert undefined or null to Object
    Backtrace:
    Line 89 of linked script http://mysite/javascripts/live_validation.js: In function DisplayResult
    sh.innerHTML = liveSearchReq.responseText;

If I comment out the link to the validation script, my other script functions just fine. Can anyone suggest anything to try?

Thanks.

You either need to eliminate or rename one of the functions, if you don't the last occurrence encountered in the file will be the "live" function.
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Rename? Sorry, I forgot to mention the names. They are already different, the function in the live_validation file is called val_request and the function in the versions file is called compare_versions.

Functions don't fire by themselves so you have something calling the wrong function. Suggest a search looking for the "wrong" name, and replacing it with the "right" one.
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

Thread Information