dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can't get formmail to work

resolved [RESOLVED] Can't get formmail to work

Hi,

So i'm simply trying to get a message from my online form sent to my email address.

I'm using a FormMail clone cgi script provided to me by my service provider

However I've been trying and trying to get it work but every time I get the following message

There are missing fields!
    recipient is missing

Form Dump:

There seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with my form code so why is it telling me the recipient is missing? Can anyone help

Here is my form code

thanks

[CODE]
    <form id="form" method="post" action="http://domain.com.au/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi" enctype="text/plain">
    <input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="myname@mail.com"/>
    <div class="form">
    <div class="indent_form"><input type="text" name="Name"value="Name:"/></div>
    <div class="indent_form"><input type="text" name="Email"value="Email:"/></div>
    <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
    </div>
    </form>
    CODE]

Have you setup the server script @recipient correctly?

The script is pre installed by the service provider so I don't get to see it. It just tells me on the control panel what the url for it is.

Is there any way I can check?

I think you should have a way to edit that file from within the Control Panel as you will have to set it up so it knows where to send the email. In fact, you should have your own cgi-bin where you edit the mailform for your use only instead of using some generic one.

Thanks for the replies.

Ok so first of all I couldn't get the mailform clone to work. You cannot open the script for that one, and you have to edit the variables in it (such as recipient) by sending them through the form html as hidden form types.

I then discovered that there is a second cgi email script on the service provider. This one is a little more in-depth in that you have to create an email template. However using cgi email, which was found in cgi-bin I managed to get it to work.
    At first the redirect variable wasn't recognised properly. I finally managed to get it to work by removing
    enctype="text/plain"
    from the top of my form. I have a feeling this may also be the reason method 1 (mailform) didn't work.

thanks

Nothing like a success story. Glad you got it to work. I suggested the Control Panel because mine has a Form Maker Utility and I have my own cgi-bin.

Thread Information