www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Zen Cart Versus osCommerce

Zen Cart Versus osCommerce

I am trying to decide between these two shopping cart systems. Does anyone here have experience with both to give me an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of each. Is one hands down better or is it a matter of personal preferences. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I intended to post this in the ecommerce section, but it appears to no longer be active. If I am wrong about this feel free to move this post.

I have extensive experience with both. One is not necessarily better than the other, just different. osCommerce is a better choice if you are an experienced developer who doesn't mind hacking in to the code. Mods are a little more difficult as are design changes.

Zen Cart is a lot easier to use if you are not a code person. Mods tend to be easier and the template override system works very well and is fairly easy to grasp. I sell Zen Cart installs because the admin is a lot cleaner and easier to use for the client.

Thanks for the very helpful response. It sounds like Zen Cart is the way to go for me.

Have you ever modified Zen Cart to allow purchases without registering. I'd like customers to be able to skip this step if they want to.

I have used Fast and Easy checkout with good results. Numinix is a very good developer and support for the mod is very good.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=845

Thread Information