www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: File name "mastercard" not allowed ?

File name "mastercard" not allowed ?

Hi,

Just learning Javascript

Wrote a little script that creates an image containing both VISA and MasterCard logos.
    When one of the logos is clicked on, a new tab opens with only that logo visible
    Interestingly, one of the logo filenames was "mastercard.png"
    Everytime I tried to use that name, the script would fail and the file would be "404 not found".
    The use of ANY other names for the file such as:
    "dog.png"
    "amastercard.png"
    "master_card.png"
    "Logo_mastercard.png"
    etc.
    worked OK.
    BUT NOT "mastercard.png"

Oh, and "VISA.png" worked fine too..

Is there any list of such forbidden file names that beginners like me should know about ?

There is no such restriction. Check that the image name and path are correct. Upper and lowercase characters are different!

Quote Originally Posted by Fang View Post
    There is no such restriction. Check that the image name and path are correct. Upper and lowercase characters are different!
    That's why it's so strange, and why I'm confused

I did make sure that path and case were correct
    And in the example of "amastercard.png", all I did was add and remove the "a", to test back and forth.
    Even wrote a perl script to automate the process.
    All I had do was enter the new name and it would make the changes and run the script
    And it didn't matter what other name I entered, it would ONLY fail when the name was "mastercard"
    Even did a sequential test from "master" to "masterc" to masterca" to mastercar" to "mastercard" to mastercards".
    And the only one that failed that series was..
    "mastercard".

Totally crazy and random.

Fang is wrong.

Mastercard is the secret organization which has been funding the Mozilla, Microsoft, and W3C organizations for the last 5 years. They do not permit their name to be used in trivial things such as "graphic" image file names. It is seen as copyright infringement.

Expect a visit tonight from the copyright infringement ninja enforcement squad. http://blog.globalgiving.com/wp-cont...8/02/ninja.jpg

[EDIT]
    Look for a variable or function you are using that is already called "mastercard"
    [/EDIT]
    Last edited by slaughters; 02-18-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Thread Information