www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: changing layer order of items in flash dynamically

Hybrid View

Question changing layer order of items in flash dynamically

Well basically i have a script tha im modifying, some stuff is displayed normally BUT if a condition is met a text box the full size of the flash is filled with some html content from within a xml file

The problem im having i that within the script there are some other text boxes that are made on the fly basd on some variables from within the xml file

These always appear above the big text box of hich when the condition is met is supposed to cover the whole flash to hide everything behind it and it looks out of place having these coupl of text boxes hovering above it

So what i need to do is either

a) figure out how to move the text box to the front using actionscript 3 so it is either moved or re added after these others are created so that it can be on top

or

b) how to fully dynamically create a text box the full size of the flash area and populate it with html text from a variable i get out of the xml file

Any help links to other posts/sites or advice appreciate

Thanks in advance
    OriginalFundRaisingWidget - Free "Non Commercial" PayPal FundRaising Widget, for Charities, Organizations and Individuals, Hosted Free. Check It Out

You may want to research the "getNextHighestDepth" function and the "swapDepths" function of Actionscript.
    EfV

Those functions are no longer valid in actionscript 3.0

I found what i needed however

Thanks
    OriginalFundRaisingWidget - Free "Non Commercial" PayPal FundRaising Widget, for Charities, Organizations and Individuals, Hosted Free. Check It Out

Thread Information