www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: submit URL to multiple Search Engines at once

submit URL to multiple Search Engines at once

Hey guys. Is there any way to submit the URL of a site to multiple search engines at once? Instead of having to submit with google, yahoo etc. separately.

Thanks,
    Kris.

I don't know such way. I always do this manually step by step.

hi Captainkewl,

You don't need to submit your page to search engines. What you need is to find links to your site.
    If other sites are linking to yours, search engine will soon discover your site and index it.
    My SIP Switch : Open Source VoIP project

Good to know. Thanks for the responses guys!

Kris.

as gbonnet mentioned, submitting to the search engines are not necessary. In all reality if your trying to get your page indexed, it will come a lot quicker if you can get a link on someones page that has a page rank of 3+.

best of luck!

If for any reason you cannot get your site listed in a directory or a friend's site, create a single page that contains links to all of your other pages and sites (site map). Link to your site map from your main page. Submit your site map to Google, and submit your index page to DMOZ under an appropriate category.

Once you're on DMOZ, nearly every crawler and web directory on the planet will find your site within a couple weeks. And once your sitemap is in Google, you'll be getting reindexed quite frequently by the only search engine that really counts anyway ...
    Jon Wire

thepointless.com | rounded corner generator

I agree with Apple. Flash is just terrible.

Use CODE tags!

The only trouble with DMOZ is that you can wait for months (if not years) before your site is listed ...
    My SIP Switch : Open Source VoIP project

If it's a relevant site in an oft-used category it should get listed soon enough. And if soon enough isn't good enough for you, become an editor!
    Jon Wire

thepointless.com | rounded corner generator

I agree with Apple. Flash is just terrible.

Use CODE tags!

Quote Originally Posted by gbonnet View Post
    The only trouble with DMOZ is that you can wait for months (if not years) before your site is listed ...
    I have to agree. I submitted one of my sites twice over a 4 year period and still waiting. Pretty sure I got it in the right category, too. I decided to give up. I thought about being an editor, but just decided to be happy with google.

No it's not necessary, but it sure is recommended.
    I always submit to search engines for a speedier and proper indexing (sitemap works best with Google). This way the entire site is indexed and in the system within a week or two at most. DMOZ does take months, true.
    Another good way is to post to Google Base. I got my first website indexed in two days this way.

Get your xml sitemaps submitted, web pages pinged, and carry out a link strategy. This will help you get indexed.

Thanks for your info

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkewl View Post
    Hey guys. Is there any way to submit the URL of a site to multiple search engines at once? Instead of having to submit with google, yahoo etc. separately.

Thanks,
    Kris.
    If you want your site to be crawled by search engines the best thing would be to get it linked in a high-ranking website, e.g. high-ranking web directory.
    Just submitting your url to google or yahoo will not give you much. It might be indexed, but it won't be seen and searched.
    WebsiteContentAnalysis.com - Content Analysis, Keywords, Related/Competitor Websites ...
    http://LogYourLink.com - Automated submission web link directory

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkewl View Post

Thanks,
    Kris.
    http://www.submitexpress.com/?source...FQ0NDQodvAMGcA
    You want the 'free submission' field on the right-hand side.

Gets your suggestion into about 20 search-engines. Another good one, is "AllTheWeb" Google it. :-)
    I build for: Firefox and tweak for IE

oh,It's really easy.there are many tools that can check any url's PR,try SeoQuake if you are using Firefox,the plugin can display every url you are visiting with PR.

Thread Information