dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: localhost

localhost

ok, i have followed the directions given to me with the joomla/apache installs and for some reason when i enter http://localhost/ in blank browser i get a cannot display site page. i would like to setup a local host but i keep running into dead-ends can anyone provide an easier way to set up.

You may be set up on port 8080 instead of 80, might try http://localhost:8080
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

What system are you running?

win xp, have xampp installed, apache 2.2, main reason for this is i want to use the joomla pkg for designing backend site. i just wish there was another way to run it(install it) easier for use like you would any other program.

Hmmm, I've only ever used wamp on windows. Sorry.

I know this sounds incredibly tech supporty, but make sure the program starts the server. I know it took me a few tries before I realized that wamp doesn't automatically start the server just because the program is running.

i have heard mixed emotions about the two. i can install the wamp and try it from there. So do you know if joomla can be run from any other source than the localhost or live server?

Well it's written in PHP so it'll have to run off a server with PHP enabled, so I'd say no.

ok, thanks this is a bit noobish for me, i admin a site and have some request to do some building, i thought i would try something new to start with.

No prob. I've never used Joomla before. Is it good?

it is supposed to have 2 sections of templates, one is for the site and the other is for the backend design there are alot of templates out there and it is easy to use.

Thread Information