dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PHP mail() delivery problems

PHP mail() delivery problems

I know this problem has already been beaten to death, but I can't find the answer to this specific problem so any help or insight is appreciated!

I built a form that uses PHP's mail() function to deliver the data to an email address. Here's the problem: when I direct the form to send data to my personal Gmail account, it arrives perfectly. When I change the sendto address to an email account with another hosting company it doesn't ever arrive. Both the website and email addresses share the same domain name, but are set up through different companies because of timing issues.

I've contacted both companies and both seem to have done everything they can to fix the problem, but the emails still won't arrive. I'm out of ideas, and since I'm kind of new at this, I don't even really know what the life of an email is, much less how to troubleshoot it. All I know is that my form works, because I've received emails on my personal account from it.

If anyone has ideas, solutions or just speculations that I should inquire futher about, I appreciate it.

Have you checked the spam folders? The server I use has gotten blacklisted once and so sometimes messages are delayed/spammed when sent to certain servers.

Yes I have checked the spam filters but the messages don't seem to be getting caught in them for any account, even my personal one where the message did arrive. For the other ones the messages don't even get that far.

Is the server sending the mail from a dynamic IP block? I have had problems in the past with servers rejecting emails from non-static IP blocks.

Alright, my inexperience is officially kicking in... I don't really know what that is or how to check for/fix it. Sorry... any advice for the noobie?

If you don't know you will need to ask whoever provides your mail server. If this is a hosting company, you will most likely (but not definitely) be on a static IP. If you are running this from a home server, you may well be on a dynamic IP and will either need to check in your modem config, or ask your ISP.

Thread Information