www.webdeveloper.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New forum suggestion

Originally posted by pyro
    VBScript is IE only...
    I could have sworn mozilla and opera covered it too . Oh well, that is still most of the internet anyway so people will continue to use it and not care about the other browsers and the people who use them.

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    I could have sworn mozilla and opera covered it too . Oh well, that is still most of the internet anyway so people will continue to use it and not care about the other browsers and the people who use them.
    Stay on topic... We're talking about accessibility forum, not something that is IE-only and basically included in the ASP forum (which although VBScript could be client-side it's rarely used and ASP people would know anyway, if anyone did).

Not to mention, we're supposed to be trying to ditch IE for eternity, and promote the use of Mozilla...

[J]ona
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

My site visitors generally use IE, i wish to please the majority of my site visitors, so I use IE. :-p I don't find much wrong with it other than Microsoft make it, and even then XP and 98 have always worked fine for me.

There is a lot wrong with M$ Explorer I don't dislike Micro$oft itself, I dislike the failings of the browser for example it doesn't apply tooltips to the title attribute to abbreviations, etc. which can help with accessibility for various users. Also its font resizing leaves something to be desired, which is also another accessibility issue.

Neither can M$ handle XHTML correctly, but that is another topic.

Well I was talking about vbscript because i was thinking why not lump all client side scripting together and vbscript is client side. I think vbscript would be awesome if it was supported by other browsers, It is obviously more like vb in syntax, and though I have some experience with java script and am learning java, I am more comfortable with the vb syntax. It is going to be funny when ie7 turns out to read code almost identical to opera and all of the ie only people now get screwed over and have to redo their sites .

Peo! That's the worst news I've had in my life! They're coming out with IE7!!?!?!?!?!?

Okay, so I already knew that, but... You didn't have to mention it... I don't even want to remember. lol.

[J]ona

But ie7 will actually handle css like it is supposed to, and it will clean up the object tag etc. Or atleast that is what ms claims and is trying to portray with ie6v2. Maybe it will be tolerable, infact ms might even throw in a popup blocker I hear. That would make it a downgraded version of firebird!

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    But ie7 will actually handle css like it is supposed to, and it will clean up the object tag etc. Or atleast that is what ms claims and is trying to portray with ie6v2. Maybe it will be tolerable, infact ms might even throw in a popup blocker I hear. That would make it a downgraded version of firebird!
    Well, that's better than what I've heard it would be. I don't know, we'll have to wait and see... But sometimes I don't know if I want to see, the way M$ tends to screw things so much. lol. (And I don't mean "screw" in a bad way, just "messed.")

[J]ona

Unfortunatly, it will not be standalone... Hopefully someone can hack it to make it so, as I don't particularily like the idea of being forced to buy Longhorn just so I can test in IE7.

Personal website http://www.ryanbrill.com/
    Business website: http://www.infinitywebdesign.com/
    TypeSpace http://www.typespace.org/

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!

Originally posted by pyro
    Unfortunatly, it will not be standalone... Hopefully someone can hack it to make it so, as I don't particularily like the idea of being forced to buy Longhorn just so I can test in IE7.
    That is stupid... I am going to... ugh... someone needs to be shot, that's all there is to it.

[J]ona

Originally posted by Jona
    But sometimes I don't know if I want to see, the way M$ tends to screw things so much. lol. (And I don't mean "screw" in a bad way, just "messed.")
    Where does everyone get the impression that MS screws things up all the time?? I mean, yeah, IE sucked back when it was IE4, but IE6 is not a bad browser. I'm convinced that most of the people that don't like IE is not because they don't like IE, but because they don't like MS...

And as far as other MS products go, they have almost the best of everything that they make(besides Frontpage). Right now, there really is no comparison between Windows and Linux, and I know from experience that their development studio rocks...

I just don't get it...
    if (succeed != true)
    function askAdam();

Check out my site!

Well, I like M$ as a company--nothing against them whatsoever. But... I just get PO'ed every time I go to a site that says, "Works in IE only," or when I have popups, or when stuff doesn't work right 'cause I'm using IE, or because not very many things work right in IE (as far as Web development goes), and it takes more code to get things to work in IE than it does in standards-compliant browsers... And they had to introduce non-W3C recommended JavaScript stuff and all that crud. It frustrates me, because now people are learning to use the wrong kind of code, thanks to M$. That's all.

And their studio does rawk.

[J]ona

You are not being forced to buy longhorn by anymeans. I did not buy xp pro per se (sp?) , But lets keep that on the down low. Just put it on ur comp and if you cant stand using it put is as a separate partition or something. Longhorn will be sexy though, c'mon it is going to run like xp only a whole lot faster nad p5 should be comeing out about that time too w/ all new architecture so it is going to be mega fast then... atleast thats the word on the street.

I just get PO'ed every time I go to a site that says, "Works in IE only," or when I have popups
    That is not MS's fault; it is the Web developer's.
    or when stuff doesn't work right 'cause I'm using IE, or because not very many things work right in IE (as far as Web development goes)
    What?? Almost everything works fine in IE... There are some small bugs in the CSS handling, but, nevertheless, they are small. I fail to see how "not very many things work right in IE"...
    and it takes more code to get things to work in IE than it does in standards-compliant browsers...
    I've never come across this. If anything, it is different code, but not more code. And for the most part, if you do everything right, there will only be small differences between how IE handles it and how Mozilla/Firebird handles it...

If you'd be talking about NS4, I would agree, but IE6 is really a quite nice browser...

I think you are very close to the "M$" hater category...
    if (succeed != true)
    function askAdam();

Check out my site!

Crap, he got me.

Okay, I admit it... I've always liked IE, and still do. Mainly 'cause it loads quickly on my computer. But since I started using Mozilla FireBird I tend to more and more dislike IE... I don't know why, really... My apologies for such behavior...

[J]ona

Thread Information