dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to process 100+ photos?

How to process 100+ photos?

Hi -

My neighborhood pool club would like to create an online directory of members showing names, addresses and a photo.

I've written a PHP script to allow members to register and upload an image of themsleves... but now I have over 100 images (jpegs) of various sizes (100KB - 5MB) with some being in portrait layout and some being in landscape layout.

The thought of manually resizing and optimizing all of these photos for a website makes me... shiver.

I'm betting there's a way to automate resizing and optimization of each photo and I bet someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Saratoga Sam

Here's an example: http://www.jklnsoft.com/

there are various options. an application aimed to accomplish that task, as 6StringGeek mentioned. if you have PhotoShop, or a similar application, you can use or create a batch to be applied on a directory. or you can even write a script for PhotoShop so you can detect the orientation. another solution is PHP. if you are very well proficient in the language, you can write a script that use the image library bundled in PHP to resize and optimize images on a directory.

Thanks, folks!

That's very helpful. I will do some additional research on your recommendations.

Easiest (and cheapest) is to download IrfanView - it's got a really good batch processing function. Though as Zerokilled says you'd probably be better off with a PHP script if your site is going to be large.
    Download free Irfanview here...
    http://www.irfanview.com/

Thank-you shirtbloke!

Anytime.

Thread Information