www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Customer Wants To Update Content On Their Side

Customer Wants To Update Content On Their Side

I am relatively new to designing websites - I'm still learning - but I have a law firm that wants a simple HTML site but they want the ability to update a few sections on their own (lawyer info). What are your suggestions on creating an interface for them so they can enter a username/password and type in the info they want and then submit it so it uploads to the site?

Should this be in the PHP thread?

Customer wants to update info on site...

I'm reposting this because I don't see it in the forum...

A customer of mine wants to update content on their site (text fields) from their end. I figure I could create an interface with a username and password they could enter, then have them input the text and then it will update in the location they want....my question is.........how would you suggest doing this?

PHP and a MYSQL database using SQL will be great for this sort of thing have a look at this link for a few tutorials on PHP adding data and deleting and user logo in so on....

http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_intro.asp

Use a CMS like this one: http://www.speaklight.com/

Usually for small business clients like that I just use the Wordpress

I would look into an open-source CMS like Wordpress, Joomla!, Drupal. This website, OpenSourceCMS.com has a ton of CMS both php and asp pre-installed so you can try them out before you download and install.

I would just find a pre-built CMS that has the features you want already. This way you don't have to worry about authentication and SQL table structure. Plus, its all open-source so you can tweak/customize the code to your heart's content and spend your time creating something new and original instead of recreating the wheel.

You should try iUpdateIt.

Thread Information