www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Is there such a thing as lifetime domain registration

Is there such a thing as lifetime domain registration

I've found a lifetime hosting package but can only find domain name registration for limited periods

There's no such thing as lifetime domain registration. I think the longest is 10 years.

Dave

True...there are companies that will offer 100-year, but they are just re-registering it for you for 10 at a time...from wiki:

An end-user registers either directly with a registrar, or indirectly through one or more layers of resellers. As of 2008, the cost generally ranges from a low of about $7.50 per year to about $35 per year. The maximum period of registration of a domain name is generally 10 years.

Some registrars are offering longer periods of up to one hundred years, but such offers involve the registrar renewing the registration for their customer. The one hundred year domain name registration would not be in the official registration database. Some packages of services, such as web hosting, include the domain registration in the total package pricing.

Some web hosts include automatic renewal of your domain for as long as you keep the hosting with them so that when you do eventually leave you still have as long remaining until you need to renew as you did when you first started with their hosting.
    Stephen

yes there is
    .ro domains can be bought for lifetime for ~60$

I'm not sure .ro extension, but you can't register domain name for life time, as registrar is not permitted.
    Is your website Hacked? Try -> www.sitebeak.com
    Is Google Analytics installed Properly? Test -> www.GAtective.com
    Impersonal Google search? Check -> www.impersonal.me

I think you can register for ten years.

Thread Information