www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: AJAX Remote Content modal triggered within original modal

Hybrid View

Question AJAX Remote Content modal triggered within original modal

Hey, I'm new to the forum (as you can tell) and, at the risk of being berated, I am relatively new to web development.

I'm working on a portfolio site that has a modal effect when clicking on the thumbnails for artwork (similar to Lightbox, which I opted not to use because of issues with absolute positioning).

I am using jqModal to display remote content through AJAX.

The remote content are HTML files that have the full size image and a small div overlay that has a caption and (if required) links for multiple views of the artwork.

I run into a problem with the links to multiple artwork...

It seems that I cannot trigger a new modal window from within the current modal window.

Is there something about AJAX that I am not getting (conceptually)? I assumed that, because the remote content acquired style from a linked CSS file that they would also acquire the JS / AJAX properties.

Here is the page I am having the issue with:

http://hownottolive.com/byeline/port...arel_test.html (The 'satanic Elvis' thumbnail has multiple views)

http://hownottolive.com/byeline/js/jqModal.js

I would greatly appreciate any help. I read as much of the "posting guidelines" as I could and this issue didn't seem to fall under any of the specifics they mention... But if I'm out of line and need to GTFO, kindly let me know.

Looks like I've already broken some rules... Here is the code from jqModal:

Code:
    (function($) {
    $.fn.jqm=function(o){
    var p={
    overlay: 0,
    overlayClass: 'jqmOverlay',
    closeClass: 'jqmClose',
    trigger: 'string',
    ajax: 'string' ,
    ajaxText: '',
    target: F,
    modal: F,
    toTop: F,
    onShow: F,
    onHide: F,
    onLoad: F,
    };

return this.each(function(){if(this._jqm)return H[this._jqm].c=$.extend({},H[this._jqm].c,o);s++;this._jqm=s;
    H[s]={c:$.extend(p,$.jqm.params,o),a:F,w:$(this).addClass('jqmID'+s),s:s};
    if(p.trigger)$(this).jqmAddTrigger(p.trigger);
    });};

$.fn.jqmAddClose=function(e){return hs(this,e,'jqmHide');};
    $.fn.jqmAddTrigger=function(e){return hs(this,e,'jqmShow');};
    $.fn.jqmShow=function(t){$(".scrollButtons").fadeOut("slow");return this.each(function(){t=t||window.event;$.jqm.open(this._jqm,t);});};
    $.fn.jqmHide=function(t){$(".scrollButtons").fadeIn("slow");return this.each(function(){t=t||window.event;$.jqm.close(this._jqm,t)});};

$.jqm = {
    hash:{},
    open:function(s,t){var h=H[s],c=h.c,cc='.'+c.closeClass,z=(parseInt(h.w.css('z-index'))),z=(z>0)?z:3000,o=$('<div></div>').css({height:'100%',width:'100%',position:'fixed',left:0,top:0,'z-index':z-1,opacity:c.overlay/100});if(h.a)return F;h.t=t;h.a=true;h.w.css('z-index',z);
     if(c.modal) {if(!A[0])L('bind');A.push(s);}
     else if(c.overlay > 0)h.w.jqmAddClose(o);
     else o=F;

h.o=(o)?o.addClass(c.overlayClass).prependTo('body'):F;
     if(ie6){$('html,body').css({height:'100%',width:'100%'});if(o){o=o.css({position:'absolute'})[0];for(var y in {Top:1,Left:1})o.style.setExpression(y.toLowerCase(),"(_=(document.documentElement.scroll"+y+" || document.body.scroll"+y+"))+'px'");}}

if(c.ajax) {var r=c.target||h.w,u=c.ajax,r=(typeof r == 'string')?$(r,h.w):$(r),u=(u.substr(0,1) == '@')?$(t).attr(u.substring(1)):u;
      r.html(c.ajaxText).load(u,function(){if(c.onLoad)c.onLoad.call(this,h);if(cc)h.w.jqmAddClose($(cc,h.w));e(h);});}
     else if(cc)h.w.jqmAddClose($(cc,h.w));

if(c.toTop&&h.o)h.w.before('<span id="jqmP'+h.w[0]._jqm+'"></span>').insertAfter(h.o);	
     (c.onShow)?c.onShow(h):h.w.show();e(h);return F;

},
    close:function(s){var h=H[s];if(!h.a)return F;h.a=F;
     if(A[0]){A.pop();if(!A[0])L('unbind');}
     if(h.c.toTop&&h.o)$('#jqmP'+h.w[0]._jqm).after(h.w).remove();
     if(h.c.onHide)h.c.onHide(h);else{h.w.hide();if(h.o)h.o.remove();} return F;
    },
    params:{}};
    var s=0,H=$.jqm.hash,A=[],ie6=$.browser.msie&&($.browser.version == "6.0"),F=false,
    i=$('<iframe src="javascript:false;document.write(\'\');" class="jqm"></iframe>').css({opacity:0}),
    e=function(h){if(ie6)if(h.o)h.o.html('<p style="width:100%;height:100%"/>').prepend(i);else if(!$('iframe.jqm',h.w)[0])h.w.prepend(i); f(h);},
    f=function(h){try{$(':input:visible',h.w)[0].focus();}catch(_){}},
    L=function(t){$()[t]("keypress",m)[t]("keydown",m)[t]("mousedown",m);},
    m=function(e){var h=H[A[A.length-1]],r=(!$(e.target).parents('.jqmID'+h.s)[0]);if(r)f(h);return !r;},
    hs=function(w,t,c){return w.each(function(){var s=this._jqm;$(t).each(function() {
     if(!this[c]){this[c]=[];$(this).click(function(){for(var i in {jqmShow:1,jqmHide:1})for(var s in this[i])if(H[this[i][s]])H[this[i][s]].w[i](this);return F;});}this[c].push(s);});});};
    })(jQuery);
    Here is the code to activate it on the page:

Code:
    $().ready(function() {
      $('#aidenelvis').jqm({ajax: 'caption/aidenelvis.html', trigger: 'a.aidenelvistrigger'});
    });
    $().ready(function() {
      $('#aidenelvisb').jqm({ajax: 'caption/aidenelvisb.html', trigger: 'a.aidenelvisbtrigger'});
    });
    Here's how the DIV is setup for the modal to appear in:

Code:
    <div class="jqmWindow" id="aidenelvis" style="color:#FFFFFF;">Loading...</div>
    <div class="jqmWindow" id="aidenelvisb" style="color:#FFFFFF;">Loading...</div>
    Here is the code I'm using to trigger the new modal from inside of the original:

Code:
    <div id="portfolio_page"><a href="caption/aidenelvisb.html" class="aidenelvisbtrigger">2</a></div>
    <div id="portfolio_page"><a href="caption/aidenelvis.html" class="aidenelvistrigger">1</div><br><br>

Thread Information