dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: YARS or 'yet another ringtones site' - please advise

Exclamation YARS or 'yet another ringtones site' - please advise

Hello, please take a quick look at my website and tell me the first thoughts that cross your mind in the first 10 seconds of viewing/browsing. The first impressions are the most valuable as everybody knows.

By this I'm trying to gather some opinions ( "god, that's an awful color scheme!", "where the heck is the menu of this site?", "too much annoyng ads", or even "great website, I can't get enough of it" ) and use them to make the website better in the next development phase.

To get accurate opinions as much as possible, please pretend that you don't know anything about this site, except it's yet another ringtone site you found on the web.

Thank you for your time!
    Emi

The DOWNLOAD RINGTONES HERE graphic on the right column...I thought that was a link for your site where I could get ring tones...turns out it was an ad for another site...so might be confusing for some people, and you may have a lot of folks leaving your site when they click that link...

Quote Originally Posted by 6StringGeek View Post
    The DOWNLOAD RINGTONES HERE graphic on the right column...I thought that was a link for your site where I could get ring tones...turns out it was an ad for another site...so might be confusing for some people, and you may have a lot of folks leaving your site when they click that link...
    Oops that's a great catch 6StringGeek, thank you.

The only graphic in the right column, below 'bookmark this site', is a placeholder for adsense ads. So the only explanation is that what you saw was a crappy ad adsense served to you.
    I never saw that specific banner you are telling me about, and I guess that's because adsense displays ads differently for different countries, regions.

Please help me in this situation and tell me if you can what was the link for that banner (where the banner leads to) so I could filter that ad forever in the adsense settings.

If it's possible to find that link without clicking the ad, it would be great.

This issue probably "helped" me lose visitors... google should not allow this type of misleading ads in the adsense network.

Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by 6StringGeek View Post
    It's pointing here
    Many thanks 6StringGeek, I just filtered that domain.
    Google says chanfes will take effect in few hours.

Other thoughts about the website? Although you already pointed to the biggest issue I guess

Thanks

Any other kind reviewers please?

Thread Information