www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Flashvars Playlist Shuffle Issue

Flashvars Playlist Shuffle Issue

Hey Guys ... I've got an issue on my hands. I've taken over administering a site run by cPanel on the back end and with a CMS I'm not very familiar with. The issue is I'm told by the owner that they have an flv video file playing on the home page which just recently was shuffling between two different videos.

I've currently got one video up on the page and - I since I don't know a lot about flash - I'm trying to figure out how to set the syntax to create and shuffle through a playlist. I DO know I'd be doing this with flashvars - setting shuffle=true and I'm guessing setting a playlist using the id= var ...

But I just don't know the correct syntax and can't seem to find it anywhere ... I can see that playlists are often st using either javascript or xml but I am all but certain the previous site admin was not using either of these methods ... so I'm wondering if someone has the syntax within a simple <embed> tag to shuffle between just 2 files ... here is my embed tag for one video ...

HTML Code:
    <embed height="240" width="280" quality="1" wmode="opaque" menu="menu" scale="ShowAll" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="file=video/gallery/video_20090421175231.flv&amp;image=video/gallery/s150_20090421175230Bah42109 2009-04-21 14_45_59_093.jpg&amp;autostart=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="flvplayer.swf"></embed>
    The answer has to lie somewhere in here ...

HTML Code:
    flashvars="file=video/gallery/video_20090421175231.flv&amp;
    image=video/gallery/s150_20090421175230BahPromo42109 2009-04-21 14_45_59_093.jpg&amp;
    autostart=false" 
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" 
    src="flvplayer.swf">
    </embed>
    How do I set 2 files ... with the id= ...

Anyone have any suggestions ... ??
    Last edited by shotdsherrif; 05-10-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Thread Information