www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Video Converter for true streaming flv needed

Hybrid View

Video Converter for true streaming flv needed

Hello, I am new to this forum, I need a converter that converts avi videos or full dvd's to flv but for true streaming not progressive, I need the video to be able to load from the point that I will show and not to have to wait for it to load fully to see some other part of it. I have a flash media server but the videos I am converting do not support this ability. I have checked about 15 different converters but nothing does my job.

Do you happen to know anything to suggest.

I am in a major need of that

I don't think there is a difference between the .flv file used for true streaming and .flv used for progressive download. The difference is the capabilities of the server. The same is true for Windows video files. You can use .wmv to stream or progressive download.
    Code:
    I have a flash media server but the videos I am converting do not support this ability
    I don't understand... are you able to convert your videos to .flvs? When you say you have a Flash Media Server, have you used it to stream other videos? If so what type? Is this your server or are you using a hosting service?
    Seems like if your Flash Media Server doesn't stream regular .flvs, then there's a problem with the server, not the file type. Of course, you still need a Flash player on the Web page to capture the particular stream coming from the server.
    EfV

Thread Information