www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: modal popup issue from inside <iframe>

Unhappy modal popup issue from inside <iframe>

Ok so its been a LONG day...ready to pull my hair out!
    I am stuck with an issue of getting my modal to pop up and out of the iframe and show on top of the parent page. I am using the jqModal - http://dev.iceburg.net/jquery/jqModal/#examples and they seem to have an answers for everything but this.

This is the ultimate objective:
    OnLoad of the parent page, if something=true to pop up the modal from within the iframe to show over the parent. OH, and I CAN'T change anything in the parent page.

I can get it to do everything that i need it to do BUT pop up out of the iframe. I have tried to access an id of the parent page to set it as a target, along with many other non working ways.... but idk... i think i am just running in circles at this point....

SO here is the simplified code that is nested inside of the parent iframe.... it loads the modal onLoad of the page, but its inside the iframe...
    HTML Code:
    <style>
    .jqmWindow {display: none; position: fixed; top: 17%; left: 50%; margin-left: -300px; width: 600px; background-color: #EEE; color: #333; border: 1px solid black; padding:10px;}
    .jqmOverlay {background-image:url(vipImage.png);}
    </style>
    <script type="text/javascript">
     $(window).load(function(){
      $('#dialog').jqm();
      $('#dialog').jqmShow();						
     });
    </script>
    <div id="dialog" class="jqmWindow">
    Content for the modal would go here...
    </div>

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!
    ~Red

Oh and i should mention that i am doing this inside of a VisualForce Page.... but just getting it to do it in general would be nice.... lol
    Last edited by tankgirlrs; 05-13-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Did you find the answer to this? I'm having the same issues with iframes

yes, it turned out it was an issue with parent page being on a different domain(cross scripting) and it isn't possible to do when that is the case. But if you need help i would be more than willing to :-)

Talking jQuery modal window popup // parent issue

Has anyone figured out how to make the window pop up OUT OF an iframe?? Instead of staying stuck inside the iframe.. I thought I could have used scrolling div tags instead of iframes but the same problem occurs!!! The popup window actually stays stuck in the div tags, as if it were a iframe. I need help big time! I can do z-index w/ Div tags or some kind of parent page Script if I stick with iFrames.

here is the site:
    http://taichiforinnerpeace.com/indexTEST3.html

Thread Information