www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Google Analytics not showing data

Exclamation Google Analytics not showing data

Hi,
    I have added the following lines in my ASP.NET application's master page for google analytics but it is not working.

Can anyone please tell me whether it is correct or I have to do something else?

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    try
    {
    var pageTracker=_gat._getTracker('UA-XXXXXXX-X');
    pageTracker._setDomainName('myapplication.com');
    pageTracker._setCookiePath('/subdirectory/');
    pageTracker._initData();
    pageTracker._trackPageview();
    }
    catch(err) {}
    </script>

Awaiting an earlly response.

Thanks in advance.

RE : Google Analytics not showing data

Hi,

This should be working fine, if you can send me the URL of the page on which you have this then I will see the browser source of it and see if I can be of any help.

Cheers,

Maneet Puri
    http://www.lexolutionit.com

http://www.corporateidentitee.com/webshop/homepage.aspx is the URL. Please check it out and give me your suggestion to work the google analytics perfectly.

Smile Google analytics not working

Hi,
    I have added the following exact lines in my ASP.NET application's master page for google analytics but it is not working.

Can anyone please tell me whether it is correct or I have to do something else in the coding part or in the google analytics account setting?

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js"></script>
    try
    {
    var pageTracker=_gat._getTracker('UA-8058343-1');
    pageTracker._setDomainName('corporateidentitee.com');
    pageTracker._initData();
    }
    catch(err) {}
    </script>

http://www.corporateidentitee.com/webshop/homepage.aspx is the URL.

Google Analytics account not showing any records.

Awaiting an early response.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Have you uploaded one single file or included some text from google within all your webpages for which you want google analytics, so that google is aware of your site for analysis ?

Also, Google Analytics shows previous day's data and not current day's .

Regards,
    Abhi
    "If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by abhi_viking View Post
    Hi,

Have you uploaded one single file or included some text from google within all your webpages for which you want google analytics, so that google is aware of your site for analysis ?

Also, Google Analytics shows previous day's data and not current day's .

Regards,
    Abhi
    Hi Abhi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have added the following lines in the Master Page only (of .NET application) not in all the pages. Because it will be common for all the pages.

try
    {
    var pageTracker=_gat._getTracker('UA-8058343-1');
    pageTracker._initData();
    }
    catch(err) {}
    </script>

Awaiting an early response.

Thanks and regards,
    P.Murugesan,
    +91-9444987165.

Right, I understand, since this being Master page, it will be applied to all other web pages using this Master page.

But, what my question is that have you uploaded a file (eg; someUniqueIdFromGoogle.html) onto your web server where your site is hosted ?

Also, when you login to your google analytics account, do you see green check mark in 'Status' column ?

Regards,
    abhi
    "If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

please only submit one thread about a single topic. as for your issue, how do you know it's not tracking? are you logging into the google analytics site? have you contacted google?
    Acceptable Use | SQL Forum FAQ | celery is tasteless | twitter

celery is tasteless - currently needing some UI time

Right, I understand, since this being Master page, it will be applied to all other web pages using this Master page.

But, what my question is that have you uploaded a file (eg; someUniqueIdFromGoogle.html) onto your web server where your site is hosted ?

Also, when you login to your google analytics account, do you see green check mark in 'Status' column ?

Regards,
    abhi
    Hi Abhi,

I haven't uploaded any file on my web server. If this file is necessary on my server, how to generate this file. I have added the above scripts only in my Master Page. Google analytics code was interfering with my cookies and my cookies not working so as per some forum suggestion I have added the following additional lines

Is this correct or I have to something else, please suggest me.

Hi,

Donot bother uploading any file on server, I checked out and it seems that there is no need for any such upload for google analytics to work, but you didnt reply about your google anaytics account question:

when you login to your google analytics account, do you see green check mark in 'Status' column ?

Regards,
    abhi

Hi,

Donot bother uploading any file on server, I checked out and it seems that there is no need for any such upload for google analytics to work, but you didnt reply about your google anaytics account question:

when you login to your google analytics account, do you see green check mark in 'Status' column ?

Regards,
    abhi
    Yes. It is showing green check mark for the 'Status'.

Please tell me, Is there any other settings in Google analytics account or any changes in the coding? Also please let me know what the following line will do

Thanks and Regards,
    P.Murugesan

Thread Information