Thread: Slow DL Speeds

Slow DL Speeds

I recently took off my Nortan Antivirus from my computer and I am now running with the Windows Firewall. However now whenever I go to download a file of any type it downloads INCREDIBLY slow, before it downloaded at least 3-4x times faster. Could this be a virus that was released when I deleted Nortan? Or is it something to do with the Windows Firewall settings?

Any help is much appreaciated, ty

East Indies
    Maybe your Windows Firewall is cause of Slow Downloading Speed. Just off the Windows Firewall to make Fast your Download Speed.

Tried to download without it on and the speeds are still incredibly slow.

Well let me put it this way, you jumped from one frying pan straight in to another frying pan.

Windows Firewall is about as resiliant as a chocolate Tea pot in the desert.

Norton, ditching that was the best option you took so far, however I would say that you should get a decent 3rd party firewall like ZoneAlarm. Something which I have used myself for many years. I was once a Norton user, so when I diss a norton product, I do it from experience and not bias.

Norton sells on its name which they made in the 80's when they did produce decent tools.

I spent 3 days researching, testing and vetting software firewalls and stumbled across ZoneAlarm, this was back when the company was just starting out. I was impressed with it for several reasons and the most important ones were that it ran in a small amount of memory, was not resource hungry or ate too muc CPU time (except when under full bruteforce & DOS attacks) and I have had a few of them too! but ZA stood up to the challenge.

I suggest you research firewalls other than norton and find one that you can get on with.

Thread Information