www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Crazy email situation - Yahoo web mail gets delivered into DIFFERENT account in WMail

Crazy email situation - Yahoo web mail gets delivered into DIFFERENT account in WMail

Here's a very bizarre situation one of my clients is having...

I'll start out to say they have several email accounts (comcast, yahoo, and a couple through their website).

They use their Yahoo email through Yahoo's site, where they need to login to yahoo.com to check email.

They have their web emails set up in Windows Mail (using Vista Home Edition).

I think they login to Comcast through Comcast's site, although I could be wrong on that one. To date, though, Comcast has NOT been an issue.

Here's what's happening... If they send an email from their Yahoo account (which they logon to Yahoo's site for), the reply comes into one of their web email addresses in Windows Mail.

I've seen this myself when I was testing. Has me completely baffled, and I can't think of anything that would cause this issue. Several hours spent googling hasn't turned up anything.

Any ideas???

Sounds most likely that the Yahoo account has had a setting changed to forward emails to the other account. I forget what category it's under, and cannot access Yahoo mail from work or I'd tell you exactly where to check for it.

I looked in their Yahoo account, and they don't have it set to forward anywhere.

If I sent the initial email to their Yahoo account, it does show up in their Yahoo account.

But if they reply, it sends from one of their website email accounts in Windows Mail instead of their Yahoo email.

Very, very strange. Any other ideas?

That is totally bizarre.
    You may have to query Yahoo to see if they've heard of that happening before.

Thread Information