dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: inserting background image

Question inserting background image

I'm having problems inserting a background image on my page. I've done this before but I took some time off and now for some reason it isn't working for me. Below is the tag I'm using, if there is something wrong can someone please correct it for me?

<body style="background-image:url(C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\HTML BASICS\html unprinted\my web docs\Pictures\web page backgrounds\b4.jpg); />

Instead of C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\HTML BASICS\html unprinted\my web docs\Pictures\web page backgrounds\b4.jpg I would say use a relative url path since that will not work online.

So have your folder setup like:

/webpage/page.html
    /webpage/images/b4.jpg

and then on page.html (or whatever your page is) include it with: url(./images/b4.jpg)

Also,

Your <body> has a closing tag in the wrong place. You might be breaking it by having the / at the end.

Try:

HTML Code:
    <body style="background-image:url(C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\HTML BASICS\html unprinted\my web docs\Pictures\web page backgrounds\b4.jpg);">

<!-- Copy -->

</body>
    Also, as noted before, this will only work locally. If you are trying to place this online it will not work since the file is stored on your computer and not on your chosen web server.

Hope this helps,

--thesprucegoose

Thread Information