www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Rotating banner ad with links -> Immediate help wanted

Exclamation Rotating banner ad with links -> Immediate help wanted

So, i am a somewhat new web developer working on a website for a company in my hometown. I have been told they want to start with rotating banner ads on their site, and I am racking my brain trying to get it to work.

I use Dreamweaver CS4 (i have the master collection) and I can at least get a series of rotating images going using the behaviors tab. However, i am completely lost and confused on how to add the links to the images (each image to have its own individual link).

Is there anyone out there who can provide me with some simple steps to creating a 3-5 image rotating banner ad with links? Any help will be appreciated.

(implementing a database will be used in the future, but for the time being I need SOMETHING that will work)

*I forgot to note, in a perfect world, we could open the links in a new window rather than the current site*

Quote Originally Posted by ajack1088 View Post
    *I forgot to note, in a perfect world, we could open the links in a new window rather than the current site*
    You could try something like: http://scripterlative.com?rbanner , especially if you want more than one display.

Opening in a new window is just a matter of setting the image link's target attribute to '_blank'.

If your doctype doesn't allow that, just place this script anywhere below the link/image placeholder:

Code:
    <script type='text/javascript'>

document.getElementById( 'myLink' ).target = '_blank';

</script>
    Where 'myLink' is the ID of the link.

Thank you just from a quick glance this looks to be exactly what I was looking for!

Thread Information