www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: javascript injection

javascript injection

Good morning. At work we have a system that tracks access to data so that people must re-request access to their data (to ensure people don't have access to data after thier requirement has ended).

The system requires us to manually add in a start date and an end date but as the start date is always todays date and the end date is 99% of the time 6 months from that date, I decided to make a javascript injection bookmark that would automatically enter these dates for us. (I know that adding 6 months, taking into account different number of days in a month is difficult but even a rough date would save us time).

What I am having trouble with is setting the date into a variable because it's in one line. Can anyone help with this? I have pasted what I have come up with so far but it doesn't work. If I take out the vars and put strings in it works fine.

Code:
    javascript:void(var now=new Date(),var end=now+(182*24*60*60*1000),document.forms[0].accessStart.value=now.format("dd/mm/yyyy"),document.forms[0].accessEnd.value=now.format("dd/mm/yyyy"))
    Last edited by Dopple; 05-29-2009 at 03:41 AM.

I have since noticed while searching through online code examples that the format function doesn't seem to work.
    I suppose my real question here is, how can I format a date (into dd/mm/yyy format) with one line of code. Is this possible or am I hoping for too much here?

Just becuase it is on one line does not mean you can not use variables and such.

Write it out as multiple lines. Make sure all your lines end with a semicolon. Than delete the line breaks and extra white space.

Eric

Thread Information