dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Some images not showing up

Some images not showing up

I have a moderately sized site and some of the images are not showing up on some of the pages. This is the site :

http://truckregister.org/FORHIRE%20O...E/ALABAMA.html

I have had to do quite a bit of editting and something must have gone wrong. There is also another page (Maryland) at that site that won't even load. When I looked at the url, it is pointing to the file on my computer instead of the server where the site is.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

How are you updating these pages? Perhaps your editor is using your computer's full file system as the reference for the path, rather than just the website's folder.

Used GoLive to synchronise

I am using GoLive cs2 and used the synchronise all files. It seemed to work ok. Before that I used filezilla to delete the files on the server and then uploaded the new ones.

When you insert an image, are you typing the address, or are you browsing the files through some "insert image" interface and then inserting via that?

I don't have GoLive cs2, but Adobe's CS3 suite; so, I can't advise you on GoLive.

I'm guessing you need to set up a "site," (if GoLive has that) else, the program is going to treat the inserted images as local, meaning the full file address.

I am using Adobes image interface but I am also pasting where the image is located on my computer- which is also in a folder of the site.

but I am also pasting where the image is located on my computer
    From Windows Explorer? That would be the reason....

Thread Information