www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How do i submit form and thank you page

How do i submit form and thank you page

http://www.elitetradesmen.com/searchtrades1.html

Well my site is almost finally finished. Its taken me a few weeks of constant work (i know you guys could have knocked it together in an hour or so) but for my first attempt i'm fairly pleased plus i've learnt alot. I appreciate all the help i've had on here.

I have a final couple of questions.

1. I need to set all my forms up with a 'thank you for submitting the form' page. Whats the easiest way?

2. How do i actually set up my forms to send. I just want the user to click submit, he gets a thank you page and the form is sent to my email.

If you can explaining it in relevence to my link at the top it would be great, i've had a lot of replies saying here's the code you need. Generally i've had no idea where to put it or what it relates to, my fault i know but like i said i'm new to all this.

“The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Really struggling with this. I think my form is set up to open the email program when the submit button is pressed but it doesn't, i don't want it to send this way but don't know why it doesn't. I've included the code from my form in the link. can someone please insert the correct code so i can send it to my email via wherever so it doesnt open an email box, oh and a link to a thank you page would be handy. Also do i need to do this as an asp and what code would i need in the head if this is the case. Been tryin to do this all day and got no where.

http://www.elitetradesmen.com/contact.html

<FORM NAME="feedback" FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="mailto:enquiries@elitetradesmen.com">
    <p><BR>
    <LABEL for="firstname">First Name: </LABEL>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Last Name:
    <label for="lastname"><br />
    <input type="text" id="firstname" />
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;
    <input type="text" id="lastname" />
    <br />
    </label>
    <BR>
    <label for="telephone">Telephone: </label>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Email:<BR>
    <INPUT type="text" id="telephone">
    <label for="email">
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs p;
    <input type="text" id="email" />
    <br />
    </label>
    <label for="natureofenquiry">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br />
    </label>
    Nature of enquiry:<br />
    <textarea name="natureofenquiry" cols="35" rows="5" id="details"></textarea>
    <p><br />
    <input type="button" name="SubmitButton" value="Submit">
    <input type="reset" value="Reset">
    </form>

Your HTML is a mess in general but in particular your form controls need names not IDs.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Thread Information