dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Learn JSP

Learn JSP

I'm a long time PHP programmer.
    I want to start using JSP (JBoss on Redhat)
    anyone know any books I should get to learn JSP with MySQL using Functions and class in a week or so?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrutusUnix View Post
    I'm a long time PHP programmer.
    I want to start using JSP (JBoss on Redhat)
    anyone know any books I should get to learn JSP with MySQL using Functions and class in a week or so?

thanks
    Murach's Java Servlets and JavaServer Pages book shows you work with MySQL that should help.

If you want to start learning JSP, you should start the right way. JSP will be the presentation layer and your business logic or the controller layer should use DAO's (database access objects) of the data layer to control and handle DTO's (data transfer objects). This gives you the ability to separate an application's business logic from its presentation.

I have seen many PHP developers combine all layers in one instead of taking advantage of a nice framwork like CakePHP. Then they start learning JSP and continue the bad habit in JSP.
    Last edited by JavaServlet; 06-20-2009 at 06:47 PM.

you should also learn about JPA, as well as EJB since you'll have access (since you're using JBoss). for more in depth knowledge, you should move on to JSF once you feel comfortable with JSP.

Thread Information