www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Importing CMS into flash?

Importing CMS into flash?

I'm designing a self-contained flash site for a client, and I want them to be able to edit it afterwards without actually using flash.

I already know about importing content into flash, and all that, but I'm wondering how to organize the content so it can be easily managed by a non-technical client. The most important thing is managing photo albums, and possibly a blog. Would Joomla or CushyCMS be useful, or is there a better way to go?

I want it so the user updates photo albums/blog posts in a simple GUI, which generates an XML file (or something, what should i use for that? how could it work?), which is then loaded dynamically into flash...

One idea I had is to have the cms make a decoy, html only site, then import the content into flash from there. But I don't know where to start, or if that would work. :/

Any ideas?

I would do a search for CMS systems as they all have different ways of doing things and capabilities too. Then its a case of trying them out to see which one fits your needs and them you offer a small range to the client and see what theyre comfortable using.

Thread Information