www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to view the .tif images in browser.

How to view the .tif images in browser.

I want to view the .tiff or .tif images in my browser. Its doesn’t view the browser, its opened the new windows picture and Fax viewer. I want to view this .tif images in my browser. I am using java and jsp page. The user view the .tif images from remote area(machine). Please give me a sample code.

Regards
    Pala

Hi, Palani.
    I suggest you create web Tiff viewer using some
    Tiff viewer creating tools. I am learning about how to create Tiff viewers with the help of some manual tools which can be customized by users according to our own favors to help view and process tiff in browser these days. You can also google it and select one whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Arron

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there Palani,

why don't you just convert the .tif images to .jpg or .gif for web browser use?

coothead

Yup indeed, I agree with you. Tiff to JPG or GIF conversion work can also be available.
    ButI wonder compared between
    Tiff reading and Tiff converting program, which one is much easier to operate?

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there arronlee,

"The TIFF format is an archival format, meaning that it does not sacrifice image quality in order to reduce file sizes.

TIFF images are excellent for storing detailed, high quality images.

However, TIFF files tend to be much larger than
    either JPEG or GIF images, and cannot be opened using most web browsers without installing and configuring
    additional viewing software or plugins
    ."

Source:-

I would therefore suggest that, conversion is the better option, because of it's underlined attributes.

coothead

I believe it is unnecessary for use to convert the .tif images to .jpg or .gif for web browser use, we can directly refer to a certian tiff html vewier, tiff web viewer to display and view any page of tiff file within any supportable modern web broswer, including IE, Firefox, Google Chorme,and even safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcottpdf View Post
    I believe it is unnecessary for use to convert the .tif images to .jpg or .gif for web browser use, we can directly refer to a certian tiff html vewier, tiff web viewer to display and view any page of tiff file within any supportable modern web broswer, including IE, Firefox, Google Chorme,and even safari.
    What if people do not want to download the viewer? Any time a site tells me I need to download software to access their site, I think "malicious?' and go elsewhere. Am I the only person who thinks like that??? Also, even if people do download the viewer, it does not get round the problem that tiffs are not optimized for web use. It makes far more sense to use JPEGs online, with TIFF images as a downloadable option (if required).

Thread Information