dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Site review

Site review

I tore apart my share of sites so now that I'm pretty much done with redesign of mine, I thought it would be fair to give you all a chance at payback

www.klproductions.com
    Share on Google+

Programmatically, it looks pretty good, but from you, I'd expect it to be pretty good...

Asthetically, I would have made things a bit cleaner. I tend to like thinner lines, slighly smaller text, etc. A bit more bleeding edge.

Overall, not bad, though.
    Share on Google+

Is there supposed to be a border when I roll my mouse over company info? Because there wasn't when I looked.
    Share on Google+

Pyro: body text size is set to 1em (100%), so if it is too big for you - the problem is in your browser settings
    Reducing the font size will also reduce the thickness of the lines as they are set in ems. I will look into making them thinner.

PeOfEo: The current selection on the right side navigation (Company Info on the home page) does not give the border on hover - that is by design. If you go to another section (Web Design) its icon would have no hover effect.

Thanks for replies so far.
    Share on Google+

I guess it is just the sans-serif font you used. They seem to be a bit larger than serif fonts, so when I'm designing, I tend to set the size down a touch for those types of fonts.
    Share on Google+

I like the site, it's P|-|@.
    I was just wondering, what's the logo mean? Does it stand for something?
    Share on Google+

i would consider this a site designed by a non-designer...offering design services...

the the icons are huge and look very much like clip art -

the graphics design section has no content...there isnt much of a portfolio either....

it looks like there has been more focus on ensuring that the coding of the site is correct....i'd suggest going back to the drawing board...and put some effort into the design of the site....if thats what you are trying to offer....

saying that, it seems like the companies skills lie in other areas not really focused on web design...maybe the company should concentrate on these areas and get a professional design company to design the site....and then sell the services they can offer....

would you ask a mechanic to build your house?
    Share on Google+

Whoa, dude, HARSH!!! Take it down a notch, sheesh.

It seems a lot of people around here only know how to insult other peoples' sites, when it seems the point of offering up your site for review is to gather constructive criticism; which the above does not seem to be.

Zyex, I'm sure it would kill you to say something nice about Vladdy's site. It is a nice site, in my opinion, and deserves some props.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by Paul Jr; 11-12-2003 at 06:05 PM.
    Share on Google+

Web design IS first and formost the design of data organization and content delivery. That is the message and that is what sets us apart from all the "graphics designers" with FrontPage, who can deliver the looks but not the substance.

Original post states: "pretty much done" so, yes, there are some pages which are being worked on.

BTW: I'd like to see some sites that you consider "professionaly designed"...
    Last edited by Vladdy; 11-12-2003 at 06:06 PM.
    Share on Google+

a little harsh...mmmm

i was simply stating that i don't think the site sells itself as the site of a web design company....with all of the IT certification that the company has, i would of thought that these where the areas that the company would be better focusing on....i've looked at thousands of websites, designed by designers and non-designers, coders, teachers, everyone....basically anyone who can sit in front of a computer.....and it is obvious out of those sites which have been designed professionally and obvious, those that havent...

the BEST thing about the internet is that anyone can design a website and post it.....

the WORST thing about the internet is that anyone can design a website and post it....

could you imagine what it would be like if anyone could design and build their own car, or house?

the only way that K & L Productions sets themselves apart from the rest of the web design community is their design skills....

what about the designers who can deliver the looks and deliver the substance? Also, its not a valid argument to say that all graphics designers use front page...the only people who use front page are inexperienced users, producing probably their first website.....

web design companies employ both designers and developers...designers for designing sites and developers for making sure that the coding of the site is correct...

you will find that most designers don't give a "britney spears song" about code..... and developers don't try and get involved with design....

i am simply giving my opinion of the design of the site.....it was posted as a site review...so i'm simply giving my opinion on my review of the site....

don't take it personnally - your company should be used to criticism of your work with over 20 years experience in the it field....
    Share on Google+

professionally designed?

you could try...

2advancedStudios,Gmunk,whoswe,hugeinc,fantasyinterfaces,joshuadavies,flight404,australianINfront.... .try checking sites such as favouritewebsiteawards.com
    Share on Google+

So you can honestly say that you found nothing at all good about that site? After all, if you had, you would have stated it in your "opinion" of it.
    Share on Google+

2advanced.com is a completely flash based site. I hardly think that is applicable here. We're not talking about Vladdy's Flash skills, after all.
    Share on Google+

"it looks like there has been more focus on ensuring that the coding of the site is correct"
    Share on Google+

So that's a bad thing? The site just needs to be visually appealing, and that's basically it?
    Share on Google+

Thread Information