www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: document.getElementById('img').src.replace(/;*/,''); not working in Chrome/Safari

document.getElementById('img').src.replace(/;*/,''); not working in Chrome/Safari

Below is my script that is attached to the onClick event of a bunch of product thumbnails, so that when the thumbnail is clicked, the main image changes to reflect the thumbnail product color/design.

In order for the image swap to work, since the querystring ";jessionid=longnumber" is appended to the end of each URL when a new person visits the website, I needed to get rid of the ";jsessionid=longnumber" part. That's taken care of with the javascript replace() method in the blue lines below.

However, the blue lines below aren't working in Chrome/Safari, although they do in IE6-8 and FF. I don't think it's because of the "replace" method because I tested out some of the use of "replace" here - http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_replace.asp - in Chrome, and had no problems.

Code:
                function swapImage(image)
                {
    				if (document.getElementById){
    					if (image == false){

} else {
    						document.getElementById('img').src= image;
    						var repNew = document.getElementById('img').src;
    						repNew = repNew.replace(/;.*/,'');
    						repNew = repNew.replace(/250px/g,'750px'); //replace all instances of 250px
    						repNew = repNew.replace('/Products','');
    						var test = document.getElementById('popup').href.replace(/;.*/g,'');//remove all chara after ";"
    						document.getElementById('popup').href = repNew.replace(/;.*/g,'');
    					}
    				}
                }

Any ideas?

I have two ideas actually.

Use the CSS method outlined here (my personal choice, very easy/fast)

Via Javascript, put default image in a div and assign an ID to that, call a JS function to replace the div's innerHTML with new image HTML plus any other style changes. Wouldn't hurt to pre-load images also in your head area of your document.

-jim

Ah. I totally misspoke(or misstyped as it were) here:
    In order for the image swap to work, since the querystring ";jessionid=longnumber" is appended to the end of each URL when a new person visits the website, I needed to get rid of the ";jsessionid=longnumber" part.
    In order for the colorbox (lightbox-like popup) script to work, and correctly parse the link that the main image opens, the querystring ";jessionid=longnumber" has to be gone.

That's why my question is more focused on removing that piece from the URL rather than on the rollover technique. Thanks though!

Thread Information