dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: page title unwantedly being re-written in IE8

Hybrid View

page title unwantedly being re-written in IE8

Hi all,
    I'm having a bit of a JavaScript problem that involves the page title being re-written in IE8 (I've tested in IE7 and that seems ok but haven't tested in IE6 yet, obviously FF is fine!). It adds/changes the page title after clicking on one fo the items in the sliding carousel and occasioanlly when you click on the video player. I am absolutely stuck as to why this is happening and wondered if anyone knew of a quirk in IE8 javascript rendering/execution that caused this. I'd be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction please!

The dev page is here:
    http://extdev.bbc.co.uk/info/licencefee/empTest99.shtml
    If you click on a few items in the carousel and play a few videos, you can see the page/browser title change to something like #panel1, #panel4 etc. This text is the href property from the anchors in the carousel - I can't seem to fnd a way of hiding it when not using the JS enhaced version (of an otherwise fully accessible page).
    This is a dev page so a couple of images are missing here and there, but all the JS is in place.

I've deconstructed the page a couple of times already and can't seem to isolate a particular function that maybe implicated and I've tried debugging with the IE developer tools (keeps making my browser crash!). I'm using a lot of the new BBC Glow JavaScript libraries in addition to the iPlayer/Media Player stuff with the JavaScript API. I'm also developing on Win7 if that should make any difference.
    Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeychubs View Post
    If you click on a few items in the carousel and play a few videos, you can see the page/browser title change to something like #panel1, #panel4 etc.
    Try searching all the .js files for the text document.title . Something may have been left in for debugging purposes.

Thread Information