www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Conditional Pages Help

Angry Conditional Pages Help

Alright, I'm back with another JavaScript concern. I had previously been using FormAssembly to compile the forms I wanted, but since it was really a severe pain in the...rear, I decided to make my own. I'm trying to develop a multi-page form that makes it as easy as possible for the user to navigate through. The thing I'm hung up on now is handling "conditional pages". By conditional pages, I mean that the user would be asked the question "How Many Drivers?" and then they are presented with an HTML drop-down menu that lets them choose a number between 1 and 5. What I need to accomplish is having them pick from the drop down list (for this example, picking the option '2'), have them click the "Next Page" button, and have their selection take them to a page that would ask them the information needed for 2 drivers. If they picked '3 drivers', they would be taken to a page prompting for input for 3 drivers, etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also if it would help, I have a visual example of what I'm talking about here. The second page is what I need help creating. This is from FormAssembly, and is the form I'm currently using.

Questions:

Does it need to go to an entirely different page
    or
    Does it just need to display a few special questions for the selection on the same page?

How may of these special questions will you require?
    You have listed only one so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JMRKER View Post
    Questions:

Does it need to go to an entirely different page
    or
    Does it just need to display a few special questions for the selection on the same page?

How may of these special questions will you require?
    You have listed only one so far.
    It would be preferable for an entirely different page to be displayed with the next set of questions. As it is currently set up, there is one page for the information of each driver (i.e. if there are 2 drivers, there are two pages of driver information...if there is 1 driver, then there is one page of information, etc.)

I have the following questions for each driver:

1. First Name
    2. Middle Name
    3. Last Name
    4. Date of Birth
    5. SSN (for accuracy)
    6. Gender (drop-down menu)
    7. Marital Status (drop-down menu)
    8. Driver License Status (drop-down menu)
    9. Do you currently have a valid motorcycle license or motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license? (Yes/No drop-down)
    10. Have you completed an approved motorcycle safety course in the past 3 years? (Yes/No drop-down)
    11. License State (drop-down)
    12. License Number

Currently, I have it set up that if they choose more than 1 driver, they would fill out the information for the other drivers on each page after the information for driver 1 is filled out, then continue onto the other information pages.

Thread Information