www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: FormMail with reCAPTCHA help

Threaded View

To Sixtease:
    So you did substitute /your/desired/error.log to some valid filename, right? And it was a file where you are certain the web server process can write, yes?
    Yes, I did change it to a valid location and filename to error.txt, which shouldn't be a problem right? Still nothing. Sigh...

To Winracer:
    I haven't had time to try the other formmail you've linked me there, I'm rebuilding another site, but I'll get to it once this weekend's over. Thanks.

when you installed the original FormMail.pl script by Matt did you over write it? or did you remove and upload the reone?
    Well, I downloaded a fresh copy off Matt's website, uploaded it untouched, still 500. Changed the location of the sendmail program, changed to my domain and IP and uploaded, still 500. And this is done without adding the reCAPTCHA code and editing the form fields to match the online form.

Even if the sendmail program location was unchanged and the domain/IP unchanged, the script would have returned an error msg and not a 500 error. That's the puzzling part.

Thanks guys!

I'm gonna finish up the site I'm currently busy with and jump back on this ASAP.

If there are any alternatives to the FormMail Script that accepts reCAPTCHA code, please link them to me.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by PulSate; 07-24-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Thread Information