www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is Lynx?

What is Lynx?

What is Lynx? All I know about it is that it, is some sort of 'text browser'. How does one use it? Is it pre-installed in Windows or will I have to download it from somewhere? Please help. Thanks.

All I know is that Lynx is a web browser. I have heard that it is similar to IE. You will need to install it on your computer in order for it to work. You could probably get it from somewhere on the internet; try www.lynx.com I do not know if that is their site, but you can try.

for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

Originally posted by Zach Elfers
    All I know is that Lynx is a web browser. I have heard that it is similar to IE. You will need to install it on your computer in order for it to work. You could probably get it from somewhere on the internet; try www.lynx.com I do not know if that is their site, but you can try.
    Lynx is as different from MSIE as it is possible for a visual browser to be. It's a text only, non-graphical browser: no images, no tables, no JavaScript. This makes it a useful tool for sighted web developers. It will give them an idea of how their pages will seem on audio and Braille browsers. It is necessary, though not sufficient, for your pages to make sense in Lynx.

See http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.html.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Thread Information