www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Different Size of layout in different browsers

Different Size of layout in different browsers

Hey, I'm running a wordpress blog, since I installed this new theme I've realized that my blogs layout is different in sizes for different web browsers that I'm using. Is this common and/or is it possible to fix? I find it quite annoying.

I've been trying to find info about this but not found exactly my problem.

Can someone please help me with this!

Thanks
    Luke

I made a validation and these are the warnings that appeared...

23 #column_wrap In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    26 .teaser In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    27 .teaser_right In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    67 .wp-caption.alignleft In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    68 .wp-caption.alignright In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    69 .wp-caption.aligncenter In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    89 #tabs li In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    95 #tabs .rss In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    109 .format_text .drop_cap In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    114 .format_text blockquote.right In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    115 .format_text blockquote.left In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    118 .format_text .ad In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    119 .format_text .ad_left In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    155 .prev_next .floated In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    214 .comment_num In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    215 Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts dl#comment_list .comment_num a:hover and dl#comment_list .comment_num a
    242 #cancel-comment-reply-link In (x)HTML+CSS, floated elements need to have a width declared. Only elements with an intrinsic width (html, img, input, textarea, select, or object) are not affected
    251 Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts #cancel-comment-reply-link and #commentform p .required

How do I fix this? ... Would appreciate any help I get extremely much!

yes basically firefox uses different default values for say e.g
    Code:
    margin: 0px
    than IE does.

So they display differently if you leave them out of youre script alltogether; my advice would be to include every tag of css you can, even if its value should be zero. That way its allways interpreted the same. The best way to do this is the use the css box model for every
    Code:
    <div id="space">
    etc. that you have.
    Last edited by grifter7; 07-24-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: ommision of text

Sorry for being a pain in the ass...

Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but I don't really understand what you mean, could you by any chance give me an example?

Thread Information