www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Is there a way to check what queries have been sent to the server and when?

Is there a way to check what queries have been sent to the server and when?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with disappearing threads on my forum, I suspect the delete functionality is broken and is deleting more than it should, but I'm not sure. If I could see when and what queries were sent to my MYSQL server it'd help a lot.

Yes you can!

If you have the MySQL Administrator tool installed you can simply look at the server logs and then click on the General Query Log tab.

if you don't you can go here. . .

[MySQL install dir]\data\generallogs

That file will contain all transactions.
    It's truly shameful that I have to tell people that they are asking .NET questions in a classic ASP board. . .

Wait let me add a bit of important info here. It's not my server, I have space with startlogic. I don't think I can actually get into the directory tree and all of that.

Maybe I should be asking startlogic themselves. Their customer service gives me headaches though, and I was curious if there was a way from the actual SQL command line or anything like that.

Hmmm. I doubt you could do that purely with SQL, unless they are logging queries in a table or something like that.
    It's truly shameful that I have to tell people that they are asking .NET questions in a classic ASP board. . .

Thread Information