www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Online payment application

Online payment application

Hi,

I am relatively new to PHP and have a request where I am asked to create an application where the users will be able to login to their accounts, check their balance and make the payment online.

From my knowledge, I know that such an application needs a payment gateway.

1. Is there any such gateway that is recomended for the application.

2. Also, do I need to use Mysql DB only for this or does it work with any other DB as well ?

3. Should I ask the client if they have any gateway system they have in mind and if they can buy their services ?

Please advise on the whole process as to what I need them to provide for me in order for me to create this application.

Many Thanks!

The two easiest gateway APIs I have used are authorize.net and paypal. The biggest difference is cost and feature set between the two. Paypal has no recurring fee services that take a percentage of each charge while authorize.net (as far as I know since it has been years) has recurring charges as well as a percentage of each charge. Either way the site could accept credit cards or checks. Using paypal you send the user through a paypal page and using authorize.net you construct the page.

PHP works well with a number of DBs though MySQL is the most common.

If the client already has a gateway account try to find out if they provide an API for PHP or SOAP/XML-RPC.

Thread Information